Lynn B - How was Bighorn? (Read 572 times)

Smile
    Next up: A 50k in ? Done: California-Oregon-Arizona-Nevada (x2)-Wisconsin-Wyoming-Utah-Michigan-Colorado
      yeahthat! Cool

Jennifer mm#1231

You'll ruin your knees!

Well, howdy from Big Sky, Montana. I sit here looking at my feet, my poor feet...stupid grin on my face and wondering what do I do now... Let's see... 1 pair shoes 5 pair socks 3 packets of shot blocks (2 cherry, 1 marguerita) 10 packets of Clip-2 'bout 90 Succeed capsules 8 Advil 2 Zantac 3 shirts (1 race ready short sleeved, 1 brooks zip long sleeved, 1 Columbia airfield shirt) 1 cowboy hat 1 bandana (w/running club logo) ...yep, that's bout all it took. FINISHED BIGHORN 100 in 32 hours 34 minutes on the nose! On the nose, I tell you! Course was even more breathtaking than I remembered it, weather was pretty danged good, but the recent heavy snowfall and high winds played havoc on the trail, making the footing some of the worst I have ever run on. When the trails were dry, they were very rocky and uneven, a result of all the wonderful volunteer efforts to re-build footbridges, cut downed trees, etc. They used mules/horses to help haul equipment in and the collective hooves really tore the trail to pieces. That was about 1/2 of the trail, the rest was wet/muddy or covered with snow. The snow was almost hip deep in some places, but it was packed down pretty hard so we could climb up one side of a drift, cross it and slide down the other...quite a trick in the dark...2 times (out and back)! Anyway, probably the most satisfying races I have ever run, will have to write up more, taking you through all the dreary details...oh and pictures...I've got pictures! I'll see if I can get something up later this week, but vacation is hard work! We're kicking around Yellowstone and Jackson Hole the rest of this week... Thanks for asking, Lynn B

""...the truth that someday, you will go for your last run. But not today—today you got to run." - Matt Crownover (after Western States)

Been waiting to hear from you Lynn! WTG hun and can't wait to hear more details and see pictures! Now go update your log!

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

You'll ruin your knees!

Been waiting to hear from you Lynn! WTG hun and can't wait to hear more details and see pictures! Now go update your log!
            Thanks, Pam...log updated, vault executed! Lynn B

""...the truth that someday, you will go for your last run. But not today—today you got to run." - Matt Crownover (after Western States)

Fantastic! What an amazing acomplishment, lynn! Surprised
              Next up: A 50k in ? Done: California-Oregon-Arizona-Nevada (x2)-Wisconsin-Wyoming-Utah-Michigan-Colorado
              Mile Collector

Abs of Flabs

Lynn, you are simply AMAZING! Excellent job buddy! I can't wait to hear about all the nitty gritty details of your race. 90 Succeed tablets? I get high blood pressure just by reading that.

Imminent Catastrophe

Me too, waiting to hear all about it...

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

Awesome, Lynn! Have a great vacation and look forward to reading the details when you get back.

When it’s all said and done, will you have said more than you’ve done?

Now that was a bath...

Lynn! Awesome job my friend. I look forward to the unabridged version with pics as promised. You are an inspiration, as always. Claire xxx
                    • jlynnbob "HTFU, Kookie's distal tibia"
                    • Where's my closet? I need to get back in it.

Wasatch Speedgoat

Good job! Nice course, ey? So, what's next? Steve

Life is short, play hard!

Yay, Lynn! Can't wait to see those pics!

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the number of moments that take our breath away...(unkown)

Go With The Flow
                          Thyroid Support Group