Anyone know where to run in Myrtle Beach? (Read 646 times)

I'm currently on vacation in Myrtle Beach and have no clue where to run. I tried running on the road outside of where I'm staying which lines a golf course but that didn't work out very well. The road itself was far too busy and the ground to the side of the road was uneven and hasn't been mowed in a while in some spots. After driving around this morning, I found a track but that was an old asphalt-like surface. Still logged a workout but I'm hoping to find some kind of park or trails to run on soon. I tried looking online as well as in a Myrtle Beach guide but wasn't able to come up with anything. I'll be here until next Friday. If anyone has any suggestions, I'm all ears. Thanks, in advance, for your help! Chris
    Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

I looked here: http://runningahead.com/tools/show_maps There are a few routes in Myrtle Beach.
        Thanks, Trent. Looks like those are all beach runs on the sand. I'm hoping to find some kind of park with trails. Even paved bike paths would do. I've been coming here for years but haven't been here since I started running again so I've never looked for anywhere to run before.
          Thanks, Trent. Looks like those are all beach runs on the sand. I'm hoping to find some kind of park with trails. Even paved bike paths would do. I've been coming here for years but haven't been here since I started running again so I've never looked for anywhere to run before.
          Where in Myrtle are you? Worse case scenario you could run through the neighbors that make up "Litchfield by the Beach". I've hijacked some of the golf courses early in the am (4:30 range) for runs. Call and ask what the first tee time is and subtract an hour and make sure you're off the course by then. Most start in the 6-6:30 range during the summer months.
            Where in Myrtle are you? Worse case scenario you could run through the neighbors that make up "Litchfield by the Beach". I've hijacked some of the golf courses early in the am (4:30 range) for runs. Call and ask what the first tee time is and subtract an hour and make sure you're off the course by then. Most start in the 6-6:30 range during the summer months.
            I never really thought of that. I'm actually staying in a condo on the River Oaks Golf Plantation. I figured I'd be chased if I tried running on the course itself but running before anyone else is up and/or playing could work... assuming I can get up early enough to make it happen.