Summer Feet (Read 922 times)

This is indirectly a running question. Summer is coming and so are open toed shoes but I noticed that since I started running alot more my feet have tons of blisters and unsightly things. Does anyone have any tips to make them go away or look better? I got new running shoes and that helped but these aren't the delicate pre-run feet I once had!
    “I am a success today because I had a friend who believed in me and I didn't have the heart to let him down...” Abraham Lincoln
    Scout7

Ladies, We don't much care about how your feet look. Trust me, we're not looking at them all that much. We know what feet look like. We have our own. We tend to be much more interested in the things you have that we do not. That being said, relish in your toughened feet. To some people, that's sexy anyway. Think about it this way: Those leather-like tootsies make running all those miles much easier. And running all those miles makes the rest of you more athletic-looking, and boosts overall self-image and confidence. And those things are way more interesting and sexy than feet.

You'll ruin your knees!

I know people who apply colored polish to where their toenails USED to be! Other than that, there's always...

""...the truth that someday, you will go for your last run. But not today—today you got to run." - Matt Crownover (after Western States)

mikeymike

I care about feet, Scout. My wife has absolutely fantastic feet--one of our earliest dates was to the beach so I could get a look and make sure I wasn't dealing with a pair of lefties. purpleaccent, please make every effort to make your feet look respectable. Soak 'em, get a pedicure, polish the toenails, whatever it takes. A small blister or minor calluses are okay, I mean we're all athletes here, but make an effort. It's all about the effort. Smile

Runners run

Don't worry Mikeymike, I am very concerned about my feet. Although I really appreciate Scout7's ability to look beyond them, it's just something I can't do. Oh and I've had a bruised toenail for about 2 months that I have polished and polished!
            “I am a success today because I had a friend who believed in me and I didn't have the heart to let him down...” Abraham Lincoln
            Scout7

I care about feet, Scout.
              That's called a fetish.
                That is so funny! My hubby acts apalled by my feet. I use to work at a salon and the nail techs told me that the foot files are better than the pumice stones. Put one of the files (they look like a paddle with sandpaper on it) in the shower and try to hit the tough spots every time you are in there. If you do a little every day it is better than waiting and trying to do it all at once Smile
                Elena
                  "went and painted toenails after reading post" Not that it helped much Tongue

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

Thanks jadejewel! I think I have one of those files somewhere, time to dig it up! And buy some more red polish.
                      I brought my sandals out of the closet today...and then painted my toenails. I've never had a pedicure, but I might just consider getting one, I'm curious about it.

Michelle

I've never had a pedicure, but I might just consider getting one, I'm curious about it.
                        Girl, you haven't LIVED! Big grin Ohhhh they feel so fabulous. Usually I just go to a cheap-o one in the mall, but every so often I'll treat myself to an hour long one at a spa ... ahhh...
                        2009: BQ?

My dogs are fast, not me

I brought my sandals out of the closet today...and then painted my toenails. I've never had a pedicure, but I might just consider getting one, I'm curious about it.
                          You must get a pedicure! So relaxing.... As for my feet, I get a pedicure about once a month and use the foot file jadejewel mentioned to keep my heels from getting too caloused. Also, about once a week, I'll lotion my feet really heavily and wear socks with my slippers on to help keep them mosturized. Also, I keep my toenails painted.

Robin

Spa pedicures.
                            zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I know people who apply colored polish to where their toenails USED to be! Other than that, there's always...
                              I am jonesin' for a pair of those in red. I have a real thing for ugly, comfy, practical shoes. My very favorite shoes are these, but in fuschia (discontinued color--so glad I got mine when I did): Pedicures are the most amazing thing. I have somehow managed to avoid getting ugly feet from running, but I still crave the foot pampering of a pedicure. I should book one the week after my big race as a treat for my tired feet. k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Since I started getting "cool" running feet with white and black and blue and missing toenails and blood-filled blisters and stuff, I have wanted to go to a pedicure place during my high mileage training weeks. Just to see if they would refuse Big grin
                                Run more.