Post Your Small, or Big, Victory For The Day! (Read 5844 times)

ScrambledEggs

I ran 5 miles today. The longest I have ever run!

Nice! 5 miles is a breakthrough.

runnerclay

Consistently Slow

WTG

Run until the trail runs out.

SCHEDULE 2016--

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

unsolicited chatter

http://bkclay.blogspot.com/

npaden

I hit my 24th consecutive month with 100+ miles over the weekend.

Not a huge accomplishment, but one that I feel is important to my long term success and commitment to running.

Current PR's:  Mara 3:14:36* (2017); HM 1:36:13 (2017); 10K 43:59 (2014); 5K 21:12 (2016)

Andy X

Not a huge accomplishment, but one that I feel is important to my long term success and commitment to running.

Good going npaden! I myself would call that a huge accomplishment.

I'm (if I stay injury free) about to complete my first ever 100 mile month, not sure I'll make 24 in a row though.

Sweet.  I'm also looking for my first this spring.

SheCan

Wow, I'd call that a HUGE accomplishment.  It speaks volumes about commitment!

Cherie

"We do not become the people who this world needs simply by turning our backs on anyone we don’t like, trust, or deem healthy enough to be in our presence. "  ---- Shasta Nelson

After my biggest training week last week (61.5 miles) I was down in the dumps about missing running the last 2 days due to work commitments.

9 miles of easy fartlek today and I feel tons better and re-focused on work once again!

duckman

The Irreverent Reverend

Awesome! Great work!

Husband. Father of three. Lutheran pastor. National Guardsman. Runner. Political junkie. Baseball fan.

duckman

The Irreverent Reverend

After my biggest training week last week (61.5 miles) I was down in the dumps about missing running the last 2 days due to work commitments.

9 miles of easy fartlek today and I feel tons better and re-focused on work once again!

I missed a few days last week due to illness. But isn't it amazing how getting back out there lifts the spirit and focuses your energy? I'm back into my training schedule and it feels great.

Good job getting back into the groove!

Husband. Father of three. Lutheran pastor. National Guardsman. Runner. Political junkie. Baseball fan.

Outside Lane

See how they run...

heyitsben

Goal race coming up soon, with school and stress building up hadn't had a great run in awhile, but got up early and had a solid mile repeat workout!

running > all else

A victory of sorts is that I've been keeping a decent balance of running plus weight liftng. My focus is on running since I'm training for a HM. But, glad I can have a balance of things. A small triumph (for me anyway) is I ran 7.02 miles in one clip over the weekend. I hadn't run that far in one shot, in a while. Feels good to be past the 6 mile hurdle! Kudos to all on your victories.

My run today was the first time I didn't notice the hill I climb at one point, it kinda happened without me realizing it. I also felt extra relaxed and in control on the way down. Yay for getting better on hills. Also, I felt like complete crap before heading out on my run, all the stress monkeys were caving in on me, but they were gone by the end of the run Smile

How we spend our days is, of course, how we spend our lives.
                              Read more at http://quotes.dictionary.com/How_we_spend_our_days_is_of_course#6d0u8XhbCX1joSM7.99

How we spend our days is, of course, how we spend our lives.
                              Read more at http://quotes.dictionary.com/How_we_spend_our_days_is_of_course#6d0u8XhbCX1joSM7.99

"How we spend our days is, of course, how we spend our lives."

running > all else

That's pretty cool. To not 'notice' a hill? Nice job!

My run today was the first time I didn't notice the hill I climb at one point, it kinda happened without me realizing it. I also felt extra relaxed and in control on the way down. Yay for getting better on hills. Also, I felt like complete crap before heading out on my run, all the stress monkeys were caving in on me, but they were gone by the end of the run Smile