Garmin 310x Communicator (Read 1502 times)

I haven't had any problems (Mac, safari). Could it be the upload of data to garmin connect? Is your data getting there from your 310? (I haven't read all posts, so that may have been discussed already). I guess I'm saying that RA doesn't detect my 310 at all (I don't think). I believe it detects an update to your Garmin connect.

Life Goals:

#1: Do what I can do

#2: Enjoy life

I may be wrong - but I don't think the upload to garmin connect is necessary for the upload to RA, as long as it's getting transferred from the watch to your PC that should be enough.

Still - it's good to have everything upload to connect even if you don't use it - it's another backup for all your data.

TeaOlive

old woman w/hobby

I may be wrong - but I don't think the upload to garmin connect is necessary for the upload to RA, as long as it's getting transferred from the watch to your PC that should be enough.

Still - it's good to have everything upload to connect even if you don't use it - it's another backup for all your data.

Oops.  You are correct!  

Previously, when I had tried to up load to RA with Garmin connect turned off it wouldn't.

Seems okay now.   And as you say, It is probably better to go ahead and up load to Garmin C.

steph  

HoosierDaddy

GreyBeard

I guess I'm saying that RA doesn't detect my 310 at all (I don't think). I believe it detects an update to your Garmin connect.

RA doesnt detect my device anymore. "Unable to find a GPS device. Please verify it is properly connected to the computer."

i can upload to garmin Connect fine.

Ive unistalled and started over too...

• Black Canyon 100k
          • RRR
          • Zane Grey 100k
          • High Lonesome 100
          • Wyoming Range 100 (?)
          • The Bear 100
          • Javelina Jundred (?)

I've been having trouble with the Garmin Communicator plugin since yesterday.  I can upload to Garmin Connect fine, but it will not transfer to RA.  I get the message "You need to install the Garmin Communicator Plugin before you can use your Forerunner with RunningAHEAD."

I've tried reinstalling the plugin; no go.  (Mac 10.6.8, Chrome 22.0.1229.79, Forerunner 610)

"Because in the end, you won't remember the time you spent working in the office or mowing your lawn.  Climb that goddamn mountain."

Jack Kerouac

I haven't had any problems (Mac, safari). Could it be the upload of data to garmin connect? Is your data getting there from your 310? (I haven't read all posts, so that may have been discussed already). I guess I'm saying that RA doesn't detect my 310 at all (I don't think). I believe it detects an update to your Garmin connect.

I haven't sent data to Garmin Connect since I bought my 310 back in November of 2011. I disabled the automatic upload to GC right away. My upload problems started 8/27 of this year.

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

2014 Goals:

Stay healthy

Enjoy life

I haven't sent data to Garmin Connect since I bought my 310 back in November of 2011. I disabled the automatic upload to GC right away. My upload problems started 8/27 of this year.

Smile. How's that working for you? For whatever reason, I don't run into those challenges you're having. (I only use my garmin about 1x/ week though)

Life Goals:

Smile. How's that working for you? For whatever reason, I don't run into those challenges you're having. (I only use my garmin about 1x/ week though)

As long as the import from file is working, I'm good.

Only using the Garmin once a week is sad, oh so sad.

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

2014 Goals:

Stay healthy

Enjoy life

If I uncheck the box for "Import new workouts only" on import from the "upload data from devide" screen, I can get ALL the workouts located in the Ant Agent folder, but it will not find a new workout if the "Import new workouts only" box is checked. 

2014 Goals:

Stay healthy

Enjoy life

As long as the import from file is working, I'm good.

Only using the Garmin once a week is sad, oh so sad.

But, I did get 9 workouts in during the last 7 days, and I'm back swimming, still hoping to get that 100 miles by year end. Saw somebody uses the 310 while swimming in an indoor pool. Does that work? If so, how? What does it provide you?

Life Goals:

You could record the time of the interval and rest period if you start it and hit the lap button, Then upload and edit the splits with the distance. Seems like a pain to me. I am interested in the Garmin Swim watch though I already have a Finis Swimsense.

I'm hoping to get to 200 miles by years end.

2014 Goals:

Stay healthy

Enjoy life

I'm hoping to get to 200 miles by years end.

Ironman Texas still has openings. I registered a couple weeks ago. You should register!

Life Goals:

ultramarathon/triathlete

I've been getting an error message for the last few days too, out of the blue.  Says it can't read my plugin 3.0.1.0 or something along those lines.  I'm using the Garmin forerunner 110. 

ETA:  Only seems to be a problem with my google chrome.  It was fine just now with safari.

HTFU?  Why not!

USATF Coach

Empire Tri Club Coach
                            Gatorade Endurance Team

Ironman Texas still has openings. I registered a couple weeks ago. You should register!

I should, but its too frickin HOT down there. I'm actually thinking about doing the Redman HIM next fall.

2014 Goals:

Stay healthy

Enjoy life

I should, but its too frickin HOT down there. I'm actually thinking about doing the Redman HIM next fall.

Why do their half when you know you can do their full?!

Life Goals: