At-Risk Teens (Read 1095 times)

If anyone has training/expertise working with at-risk teens and is willing to provide some free advice, please send me a private message.  Thank you.

"If you have the fire, run..." -John Climacus

Deby Moore

I  work with at-risk teens and most days I love it. I love helping people reach their full potential and to be role models for the next generation. Working with at-risk teen is definitely a tough job but so rewarding when you see teens responding to your methods and style.. This article discusses everything about mentoring at-risk youth.

Feeling the growl again

No experience trying to mentor one, but my parents did and it involved the kid living in our house for ~6-9 months when I was like 8. 

It was an "interesting" experience.

I still remember crawling into a back corner on a shelf in our bathroom and hiding from him until my parents got home, so he could not take the handcuffs off me and so destroy the evidence that he had put me in them. 

Kudos to you if you're going to dedicate your time to this.  It's a worthy effort, though at some times you may not feel it is worth it.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

L Train

You really are planning ahead, eh?

It was an "interesting" experience.

I still remember crawling into a back corner on a shelf in our bathroom and hiding from him until my parents got home, so he could not take the handcuffs off me and so destroy the evidence that he had put me in them. 

Dang, that's a memorable experience...

Life Goals:

#1: Do what I can do

#2: Enjoy life

Woa. That was from way back in August.  Things are going better for the kid, thankfully. 

"If you have the fire, run..." -John Climacus

Woa. That was from way back in August.  Things are going better for the kid, thankfully. 

August 2010

Life Goals:

#1: Do what I can do

#2: Enjoy life

Feeling the growl again

Hah.  Dang zombies.  We need some ZombieMax ammunition apparently.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

"run" "2" "eat"

yo, mr train. s'up.

i find the sunshine beckons me to open up the gate and dream and dream ~~robbie williams

L Train

Hi there, waffs.  How goes the excelling? 

"run" "2" "eat"

it goes excellently. (har har!)

actually, this place is amazing. i had an excel question, and i was like, who can i ask that would have a solid answer right away? i had googled the issue but really needed some give-and-take, and i immediately thought of RA. coming to a running site for an answer to an excel question seems odd unless you've been here, in the land of coconut milk and honey stingers.

i find the sunshine beckons me to open up the gate and dream and dream ~~robbie williams

#artbydmcbride

She's still a toddler though, right?

Runners run

Feeling the growl again

She's still a toddler though, right?

They grow up SO fast these days...