What's the longest run you've ever done (no walk breaks)? (Read 2826 times)

A Saucy Wench

Longest with no walk breaks - 26.2 (3rd marathon)

Longest with walk breaks - 26.2 (1st 2 marathons!)

MANDY!!!!!! Long time no see!

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

18. I told my sister exactly when I was going to be passing by the house to toss me my water bottle and I would throw it back at her after my 3 mile recovery loop which is like the 10-13 area every long run. It was cool not even stopping to wipe off sweat and change my shirt, the day was going too well to stop moving.

...---...

18 here too.

San Francisco - 7/29/12

Warrior Dash Ohio II - 8/26/12

Chicago - 10/7/12

jdmcgregor

All business

31.1 miles on Chicago's Lakefront.  I hope to surpass that next year.

"If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason." J. Handy

KBT

Easily Amused

Twenty-one minutes. Woo hoo! Go me!

slinks off to find a new C25K podcast...

My blog: http://www.follyorfeasible.com
            Teresadfp

One day at a time

Twenty-one minutes. Woo hoo! Go me!

slinks off to find a new C25K podcast...

Great job!  I had the hardest time getting past 20 minutes.  21 was quite a milestone for me!  Just so you know what's possible - this morning I ran 7 miles (hour, 20 minutes) non-stop.  Quite something for a former couch potato.  Then I did another 2.1 with a couple of breaks.  I signed up for a HM two months from today, thanks to John A's encouragement.  It will be my second one.

Believe

I can't seem to get through a half without walking, but last October on a training run I went 14.25 in 1:54:08 without stopping, so my first goal is to finish a half without walking.  The last 2 halfs that I have ran I had severe calf cramps.  Oh well, running keeps me sane.

The King of Beasts

with no walking or stopping 33.6 miles by myself.

with lots of walking and only one stop 100 miles.

"As a dreamer of dreams and a travelin' man I have chalked up many a mile. Read dozens of books about heroes and crooks, And I've learned much from both of their styles." ~ Jimmy Buffett

"I don't see much sense in that," said Rabbit. "No," said Pooh humbly, "there isn't. But there was going to be when I began it. It's just that something happened to it along the way."”

marathon- without stopping or walking

100K (62M) with some walking and gear-change stop

Out there running since dinosaurs roamed the earth

What if I have to, you know... go...  Although I can manage it, I really don't like peeing on the run.  And don't get me started on pooping while running.

I'll second the question by srlopez: If one has to stop to pee, does that count as "walking" (even though you're stopped)?

That being said:

Longest run with no stops to pee or drink or anything at all:                     marathon, 26 miles 385 yards.

Longest run with stops to pee and get a drink of water/sportsdrink:        100K

Longest "training" run with stops to use the bathroom and drink fluids:  41 miles

Longest recent (age 71) run with no stops for anything at all:                   half marathon

Teresadfp

One day at a time

Wow, Gino, that's awesome.

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

What a cool singlet in your avatar, H Street Smile

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

31.1 miles on Chicago's Lakefront.  I hope to surpass that next year.

Me too!  Well, actually I'm not sure.  I ran somewhere between 28 and 31 without stopping on Chicago's lakefront about 11 years ago.  The longest accurately measured course was 28 miles as a Sophomore in high school (which was really dumb).

Beginner all over again

What's the longest run you've ever done (no walk breaks)?  but I know a lot of you........ would laugh at that effort.................

No laughing here.

My longest run is 90 seconds.

Really.

But ask me again this time next year

Congrats on your Longest Run !

That's great progress!

Thanks for posting it for all to see.  It's very encouraging to beginners! 

But ask me again this time next year 

Props to you for your dedication! It's great to see more and more people starting up running and pushing themselves. Good luck with your training and that half next year Smile