2018 3:20 (and beyond) (Read 306 times)

Cat Disliker

Boston Bibs

flyrunnr 3932 Edited to be correct

Darkwave 7560

climber 9341 (maybe?)

katia 10859

elisabeth 12394

I don't know everyone. Heck, I don't even know the guy who took something along the lines of 7 GUs in the last mile of a marathon but I know OF him. Apparently he wasn't the smallest guy in the race.

seattlemax

Whoda thunk?  The RunningAhead 3:20 is the best place to get free asthma meds advice on the interweb...

Dad: So is Fort Irwin more of a desolate hellhole than the 29 Palms Marine base?  DS2 did some of his training at 29 Palms.  He talks about it being resort-like, when the sandstorms stop.

Sir Jim: That would be me, the original Tunnel Disco Ball Grumbler.

KK: Congrats on your house sale!

McB: "I felt like garbage from the beginning.":  Isn't that the first line from War And Peace?  Plagiarizing much?

In a last minute attempt to swing the MA weather in favor of our 3:20 friends, I'm feeling fairly smug that this is the year I decided to get injured, so I don't have to run in tomorrow's carwash.  There...  hopefully it will be dry, cool, with a tailwind now.

Speed Surplus

"I was going to say 5 miles MP because the first time you start doing them they hurt."

Well, I've done two different sessions of 5 miles at MP and it wasn't too bad... but neither one was at the end of a week like this, nor following 9 miles of easy running.

5:27 / 19:03 / 40:32 / 88:12 / 3:22

AceHarris

Best of luck to the Monday racers! Have fun!

Road Mile: 5:19 (2017), 5k: 18:10 (2017), 10k: 38:25 (2017, course was 6.1), HM: 1:25:16 (2018), M: 3:05:41 (2018)

fb-guy

Go Boston.

m: 2:55:04 | 10k: 37:14 | 50mile: 9:35

Happy Patriots' Day!

SMax ~ Never been there, but I'm sure it's equally joyous.

Jim E

I'm watching the wheelchairs on my live feed (which drops out from time to time). It looks nasty wet, with a headwind. Nice selection of jackets and hats on the elite womens start line.

pepperjack

pie man

Go Molly!

go team!

2018 - 10m - 1:06:59

I'm watching the wheelchairs on my live feed (which drops out from time to time). It looks nasty wet, with a headwind. Nice selection of jackets and hats on the elite womens start line.

The wind will mess w/ the satellite dishes.

It helps when you don't have to worry about just tossing that $250 jacket off to the side at mile 10!

Jim E

The womens camera is hardly working at all, so we are watching the wheelchairs mostly.

Either last year's temps + this year's rain & wind or this year's temps and last year's wind/sun would make for a decent day.

fb-guy

Friend's phone on Heartbreak Hill still showing 39F. Feels like......

m: 2:55:04 | 10k: 37:14 | 50mile: 9:35

Jim E

Men start. THey are mostly wearing windbreakers too.

Jim E

Molly and Shalane are in the lead pack. An Ethiopian has gapped them a bit, but it's early yet. The wind looks fierce. Spectators with umbrellas are having trouble.

Jim E

Desi is there too. The pack has caught the leader.