First 20 miler! (Read 905 times)

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Phew...only one more LONG run before the big one! Big grin And it wasn't so bad...my 18 2 weeks ago was a lot more difficult. Doing that long run only every-other week really helps the legs recover better. Nice way to start the week and month, too! Wink

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

WTG,Zoomy!!!!!!! Congrats and I know you are going to rock your marathon! Very nice to start a new month like that Smile

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the number of moments that take our breath away...(unkown)

Go With The Flow
      Thyroid Support Group

Along for the Ride

Nice job on your 20 miler! Way to go! Cool

Your living is determined not so much by what life brings to you as by the attitude you bring to life; not so much by what happens to you as by the way your mind looks at what happens.

Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared with scars.

Way to work!
          zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Zzzzz....is it bedtime, yet? Blush Thanks, everyone. Smile

~ Sarah Kay

Bed time after your first 20 miler is about 10 minutes after you finish eating and showering post-run...heheh.

Run to Win
              25 Marathons, 17 Ultras, 16 States (Full List)

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Bed time after your first 20 miler is about 10 minutes after you finish eating and showering post-run...heheh.
                I totally could have, too! Big grin

~ Sarah Kay

Teresadfp

One day at a time

Congratulations! I'm so glad it went well for you!

Dave

Awesome, Zoomie. Have you signed up for your next marathon yet? Wink Do you think your pre-run routine (getting up early, coffee, etc.) helped?

I ran a mile and I liked it, liked it, liked it.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

Awesome job Kirsten!!!! You'll sleep like a baby tonight!!
                      zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Awesome, Zoomie. Have you signed up for your next marathon yet? Wink Do you think your pre-run routine (getting up early, coffee, etc.) helped?
                        Hahahahahaha....seriously, though...I won't ever train for another marathon while nursing an injury. The timing was bad. This race is small, but in a city, so it filled up 4 months prior to race day. I registered weeks before the injury started. Had I been able to wait longer to register I wouldn't have. As for the pre-run routine, I always have coffee and food before any run. I don't know that I could ever be one of those roll-outta-bed-and-go types. Sara, you are so right...I'm gonna sleep like a rock tonite (after taking some vitamin I)! Big grin

~ Sarah Kay

Sara, you are so right...I'm gonna sleep like a rock tonite (after taking some vitamin I)! Big grin
                          I avoid the whole ibuprofen thing when I'm training - I don't want to get ulcers and any swelling that I have is there for a reason. If stretching and cold & hot treatment doesn't do the trick, then I take time off rather than artificially reduce the swelling. The reason it swells is to help it heal. My 2 pence.

Run to Win
                          25 Marathons, 17 Ultras, 16 States (Full List)

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I don't normally take Ibuprofen often, but after long runs it's the only thing that keeps my knee from hollering at me all night. By morning it will feel great. Not sleeping well is perhaps the biggest negative factor I've found to my run quality.

~ Sarah Kay

Huge congratulations Zoom zoom! Must feel soooo good to get that run under your belt. Admire your determination! Smile

Suffering Benefiting from mature onset exercise addiction and low aerobic endorphin release threshold. Hoping there is no cure.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Must feel soooo good to get that run under your belt.
                                Thanks...it sure does. 20 doesn't scare me anymore. Now...26.2--that's an entirely different story. Wink

~ Sarah Kay