First 5k (Read 480 times)

Well I have been running now for a couple of months.  Did a modified C25K plan as I had some fitness already with cycling, so getting up to speed for a 5K was not to bad.  I have actually been ready to run a 5K for a month, it was just a matter of finding one to do.  Well this morning was the one I found, it was not a big one, nor was it a chipped race or anything.  According to my 301 I finished in 27:10, I actually think I finished in about 27:02 as I forgot to hit stop on my watch at the end!  Overall I was very pleased and I am already looking forward to running another 5K and working towards finishing a 10K yet this year.

Congrats

Was about the same three years ago running 5k in 27:35 after 2 months of running.  Good luck on 10k pursuit, which I also did same route with 10k 2 months after 10k.

Important note .... Don't fall in to the 5k / 10k ... "heck why not 10 miler ".... shoot that is practically a half Marathon .... finished a Half so a Marathon can't be that bad"

Take it slow and enjoy. 

"It's supposed to be hard. If it wasn't hard, everyone would do it. The hard... is what makes it Great!

I look my best blurry!

Congrats

Important note .... Don't fall in to the 5k / 10k ... "heck why not 10 miler ".... shoot that is practically a half Marathon .... finished a Half so a Marathon can't be that bad"

+1  Trust me.  This could happen.

Take it slow and enjoy. 

Trying to!  I am only running 10 miles a week at the most and 5K is my longest run to date.  The 10k I am thinking of doing is at the beginning of November, which here in MN could be snowy and cold, so not sure if I am even going to try it.