The Friday Meltdown (Read 1245 times)

Jeff F

Free Beer

The best (worst) meltdown thread I witnessed was on another site where there were accusations of cheating on a marathon because of funning looking paces and total time.  Down right nasty...

xor

Nice!

Well, for those into it, RT is very very cool.

Kind of like lining up Dark Side of the Moon with the Wizard of Oz, but not.

I fully accept Ferris-related shunning.  I get that I'm the only person of a particular age that said 'enough is enough'. 

Let's talk about Top Gun some more.

xor

The best (worst) meltdown thread I witnessed was on another site where there were accusations of cheating on a marathon because of funning looking paces and total time.  Down right nasty...

I've seen so much of that, it makes me wonder "huh, which one?"   Drama knows no bounds.

I miss Steve the UPS Guy and his backdoor ways too.

Imminent Catastrophe

The best meltdown threads get started when a royal person gets married and an entire country gets drunk to celebrate it.

Just wait until the Future King/Queen is due. Invest in gin.

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

Crazy Q

Net Neaderthal & Escapee

Just wait until the Future King/Queen is due. Invest in gin.

Dame Edna & her sister already have cornered the market, can i interest you in a nice vodka distilled in Texas?

As for that line between Good & Evil, asked about earlier. Don't ask about the 1000 shades of grey and some of the realms of lunacy and security I used to operate within. Society is not ready for the debate on what part of evil is good yet. That and I've got too many intact connections to the Dark Side and I ain't talking the Sith of Star Wars either.

As a side note to the military gig, I did find a Bar in Croatia that had Guinness on Tap during a small NATO engagement in 1996. Needless to say members of Her Majesty's Armed Forces were very appreciative of that intel. Cheers.

Wot? Run? I thought they said Rum!

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

Let's talk about Top Gun some more.

Alrighty then

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

CrisRuns

I've seen so much of that, it makes me wonder "huh, which one?"   Drama knows no bounds.

I miss Steve the UPS Guy and his backdoor ways too.

Steve the UPS guy was more of a pile on than a melt down, but it was an unforgettable thread.

MrNamtor

you can ride my tail anytime indeed.

JimR

OSTRICHES MY ARSE,

That reminds me of something

Crazy Q

Net Neaderthal & Escapee

The Conductor has turned on the Wednesday/HumpDay sign we are now 1/2 way to our scheduled Friday Meltdown.

Thank you and enjoy the ride.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=otdHbA4GlSI 

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

Obviously gun control is the answer, and we were all quite wrong.

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

Crazy Q

Net Neaderthal & Escapee

And you are wrong for using the Royal 'We' and I am not amused. Though if the drunk postings don't start soon I may get annoyed.

Is it melting yet? Clown

If the music is too loud-you're too old.

s k i p p y

Scared smiley 16

Wandering Wally

Hey, it's Friday and even the gun control thread is mostly civil.  Someone needs to step their game around here.

Run!  Just Run!

Trail Runner Nation Podcast