The whole Boston jacket thing (Read 1785 times)

I do make an effort to avoid wearing my Boston jacket with other Adidas gear. Sometimes it's hard. I pull on the Adidas shorts to go for a run, well, damn, can't wear the Boston shirt. I wear the Boston jacket, well, damn, can't wear the Adidas pants. It's just too douchey to wear any two at the same time. It becomes a problem.

You are, but that's alright. We'll meet up and run together soon enough. We're in Maine. It'll all be good.

A list of my PRs in a misguided attempt to impress people that do not care.

I do make an effort to avoid wearing my Boston jacket with other Adidas gear. Sometimes it's hard. I pull on the Adidas shorts to go for a run, well, damn, can't wear the Boston shirt. I wear the Boston jacket, well, damn, can't wear the Adidas pants. It's just too douchey to wear any two at the same time. It becomes a problem.

You are, but that's alright. We'll meet up and run together soon enough. We're in Maine. It'll all be good.

There are so many damn rules!
      AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

90% of this thread has gone begging the OP's question Smile

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

A Saucy Wench

90% of this thread has gone begging the OP's question Smile

And this would be different from 90% of the threads on RA how?  Or 99% that go beyond 2 pages

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

I like multiple choice.  Can this whole thread be reduced to A, B, C, or D?

#artbydmcbride

A diadem

Runners run

#artbydmcbride

Runners run

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

A diadem

Aha! Can I change my answer? I want to change it to this one.

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

bhearn

What a dork. But it's not another race, so at least he's not a feckwad.

xor

Heh.  Not a great pic of Bill.  Looks like that wasn't his first glass.

xhristopher

Oh, man. I just realized that two of the three jackets I use for running are actually cycling jackets. I've even worn my Pearl Izumi jacket in a race. I'm sure I've broken a few rules with that. TMacky, you had better share your therapist's number. Nemo, please don't have them ban me from Maine.

xor

In my very first post-sickness marathon (2001 Portland), I had the audacity to wear a triathlon top.

I didn't know.  Ooops.

(actually, to make matters goofier, I wore the slick sleeveless triathlon top with full length tights.  Figure THAT out.)

xhristopher

Oh, but I wore the cycling jacket THIS year, after I ran Boston and didn't buy the jacket. I was a sorry sight. So sorry of a sight that I might just have to post the pick over in the "what is your finish face look like" thread.

If it helps. I plan on doing my first tri this summer in a running singlet.

They sell tights for dudes?

In my very first post-sickness marathon (2001 Portland), I had the audacity to wear a triathlon top.

I didn't know.  Ooops.

(actually, to make matters goofier, I wore the slick sleeveless triathlon top with full length tights.  Figure THAT out.)

Tri top is cool, but dont get me started on onesies. I have seen guys where onesies for running races, whyyyyyyy?

Oh, man. I just realized that two of the three jackets I use for running are actually cycling jackets.

Wait, I can't wear cycling kit when I run?  My Gore jacket set me back -- I'm wearing that thing everywhere!

"I want you to pray as if everything depends on it, but I want you to prepare yourself as if everything depends on you."

-- Dick LeBeau