Virtual 5K invitation to all RunningAHEAD members 6/4 (Read 1232 times)

Wingz

Professional Noob

This Saturday is a go! So far we've got the following people signed up: Mile Collector (5 mile division) mbotti backroadrunner (both 5 mile and 5K divisions) Hawk Runner Wingz Pron8r (5 mile division? I have a 5K time here...) nite_runner maybe's: zoom-zoom Did I miss anyone? Sounds like this time will be a small race. Hey, all, invite your friends! It's free, it's fun, and it's right here!
    Okay, guys, now nobody else post their times until Saturday, please! (It's discouraging to hear about faster times when you haven't even started!) Nite-runner is working furiously to try to come up with a virtual t-shirt for you for the race. He has valiantly volunteered to come up with something on extremely short notice, so please give him proper credit when it comes out! When you do post your times, please note if this is a personal record for you. (Yes, it counts if it's your first race of that distance!) Please try to post your times before midnight on Saturday, and I'll try to get the results up along with the links to your virtual prizes early on Sunday. Prizes will be awarded for the first three finishers in each race (gender and age neutral, sorry!), for personal records, and for finishers. (Everybody who finishes wins something!) After the race, please stop by for some virtual refreshments at http://www.geocities.com/yanelh/Post-Race_Refreshments.html. Licking the computer screen, however, is highly discouraged. Clowning around Good luck to everybody, and I'll see you at the race! Janell

Roads were made for journeys...

Mile Collector

Abs of Flabs

Okay, guys, now nobody else post their times until Saturday, please! (It's discouraging to hear about faster times when you haven't even started!)
      Oops... Sorry. I didn't know the rules.
      Wingz

Professional Noob

Sorry. I forgot to post the rules. Smile

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Ok, I did mine. I actually ran 3.19 miles in 33 minutes, so I figured that is the same as a 32.06 5k. I'm gonna call it 32 even, since I ran a teensy bit further and it was windy...and because no one can stop me, muwahahahaha!!!

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Oh...NOW I see the rules... That's me, always the rule breaker. Ok, Janell, now you have a time to beat! At least I am easy competition! Big grin k

~ Sarah Kay

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Ahhh...those post-race refreshments sure hit the spot...but now my sweaty skin has fuzzy kitty hair stuck to it!

~ Sarah Kay

I ran a mile yesterday and really wanted to run some more...I was waiting to respond until I knew how I'd feel. Then, I tried to pick up a ginormous bag of potting soil at Target today and pulled a muscle in my back. Roll eyes Angry So, I'm still iffy. Only, now you know I've been iffy. Tongue

Jennifer mm#1231

Okay Wingz I got something together and have e-mailed it to you. Looks like I maid a goof though. Guess I missed somewhee that it is a 5k/5miler. I was thinking 5k........ It came out pretty okay. Hope everyone likes them.... All errors will be correscted for any futor races.
                  Daddy's littel girl.
                  Wingz

Professional Noob

Okay, Everyone: You can pick up your virtual t-shirt, courtesy of nite_runner, at http://www.geocities.com/yanelh/Shirt.html. Please post your times sometime tomorrow, and enjoy your post-race virtual refreshments at http://www.geocities.com/yanelh/Post-Race_Refreshments.html Be sure to note if this is a PR for you! Awards will be distributed Sunday. Pron8r - I still need your 5 mile time - please turn it in tomorrow or I'll have to keep you just in the 5K division. Want to run in the race but didn't sign up? Submit your times to this forum anyway on Saturday to be included! Good luck everyone! Janell

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

That T-shirt is sweet! Hey, my time was a PR for me--I've never run a 5k race in my life! Big grin k

~ Sarah Kay

Hey, thnaks... I was just goofing around with it... next time when I have more time. I'll try to come up with something a littel more exciting.... Cool
                        Daddy's littel girl.
                        Wingz

Professional Noob

... but now my sweaty skin has fuzzy kitty hair stuck to it!
                          Sweetie's very friendly. I'm not surprised he let you pet him. Be careful though, because he does nip sometimes... But he'll also let me pick him up and cradle him upside down like a baby human and it's SO cute with those four paws sticking up in the air and a purr-rumble like a freight train... If you can find one of those small fuzzy fake mice with the faux fur, throw it across the room - 7 times out of 10 he'll play "fetch" with you just like a dog... Big grin

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

All 4 of our cats will let you carry them like babies...very trusting and used to being handled a lot, since our 5 year old drags all but the fat one (thor the 20 pounder) around. Our Gus used to fetch. We used to live in a place with hardwood floors and he would go sliding into walls--it was a riot. After that we lived in a duplex with a lot of vinyl flooring. Then when we moved here there was a lot of carpet (which is all gone, now, with pine planks in its place), but he seems to have forgotten the game.

~ Sarah Kay

Wingz

Professional Noob

Yes, Sweetie's very used to being manhandled. Sometimes he will put out a paw in protest, but then has the loudest purr. Same with grabbing him. Pick him up gently and he's fine. Kinda grab him and then hold him tight and he is delighted! In fact, most of the nipping is when he's being ignored... I've manhandled him since he was a kitten, and he seems to like it rough. Wink I think the "fetch" thing is more common in kittens than cats. Perhaps it's that humans stop playing with cats when they're grown up? Sweetie won't "fetch" anything but those faux fur mice. Give him a cloth mouse, and he'll run after it... and then walk away. Some cats! ::shakes head:: You know, this whole cat discussion's really off-topic. Maybe we should move it to that "off-topic" thread created tonight? Wink (I feel kinda sorry for Eric that we invaded his business space, but I just couldn't resist the subject...)

Wingz

Professional Noob

I ran a mile yesterday and really wanted to run some more...I was waiting to respond until I knew how I'd feel. Then, I tried to pick up a ginormous bag of potting soil at Target today and pulled a muscle in my back. Roll eyes Angry So, I'm still iffy. Only, now you know I've been iffy. Tongue
                                Ow! Taking care of your back is more important than this run! I see you ran in a marathon earlier this week? Why don't you wait until next month, okay? If you want, you can be in the cheering section for this month. We didn't get any virtual volunteers or cheerers - perhaps you could help with that? Sorry I didn't get back to you earlier - I was so focused on getting the other last-minute stuff together I completely missed your post! Janell