Light Weight or Standard Trainers (Read 532 times)

Marquess of Utopia

I'm trying to decide if I want to run in my NB 825 or my Mizuno Wave Rider 10 for my first Marathon. I really wish I could change my shoes in the middle of the race. Big grin LOL It's really all in my head, as the NB 825 is only a little over an ounce lighter.
      I'd say a lot of running a marathon is in your head, so wear the shoes that your head likes. Smile

I'm trying to decide if I want to run in my NB 825 or my Mizuno Wave Rider 10 for my first Marathon. I really wish I could change my shoes in the middle of the race. Big grin LOL It's really all in my head, as the NB 825 is only a little over an ounce lighter.
        It isn't really necessary, but...why can't you change shoes in the middle of the run?

Run to Win
        25 Marathons, 17 Ultras, 16 States (Full List)

Marquess of Utopia

It isn't really necessary, but...why can't you change shoes in the middle of the run?
          I COULD change my shoes, but I don't really want to carry an extra pair with me; and "it isn't really necessary".
            Why not have someone set up shop at one of the water stations mid-race (or earlier if you're worried about shoe choice)? Then you can wear the shoes you think you'd rather wear to start the race and if they don't work out, you can make a quick pitstop at the water station to change into the other ones... without having to carry them with you! I'm thinking about doing the same thing for the half marathon. I'm gonna wear my racing flats but I've got a bunch of friends that will be at the water station around mile 9. I'll just give them my pair of trainers and if I encounter any problems with wearing racing flats, I can make the switch. Big grin