RA Anniversary-When did you join (Read 294 times)

anneb

Worth repeating... or maybe I'm the only person that got a laugh out of this.

Before the invasion reached shore, I believe 2006.  Lurked for a while.  Asked if anyone knew of a good New Year's Day race near me, and the Great and Powerful Eric replied "my club puts one on, the Run Your Hangover Off 5 Miler". 

After the race, I went up to Eric : ) to thank him for the recommendation.  As soon as Eric got home, he pulled his picture off his profile and has never had one since.  True story.

I started logging in RA December 1, 2007. I think I found the site doing an internet search for an online running log - I never had one before RA. 17,000+ miles later...

Anne

runnerclay

Consistently Slow

+1. I recall seeing eric's photo at a wedding he was ether attending or he was getting married. I can not quite remember which.

Worth repeating... or maybe I'm the only person that got a laugh out of this.

I started logging in RA December 1, 2007. I think I found the site doing an internet search for an online running log - I never had one before RA. 17,000+ miles later...

Run until the trail runs out.

SCHEDULE 2016--

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

unsolicited chatter

http://bkclay.blogspot.com/

runnerclay

Consistently Slow

+1 Never could get my miles logged from coolrunning

I eventually came over from coolrunning in August, 2008.

Run until the trail runs out.

SCHEDULE 2016--

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

unsolicited chatter

http://bkclay.blogspot.com/

xhristopher

Summer 2009. Wanted an online log and google pointed me here.

If if I were to put a pr in my signature it would be my beer mile.

Me too. Smile

+1. I recall seeing eric's photo at a wedding he was ether attending or he was getting married. I can not quite remember which.

Amy

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

Me too. Smile

Heh, can't remember?  Smile

joescott

like many others, after coolrunning wanted to start charging me money sometime in the mid 00's. 

- Joe

We are fragile creatures on collision with our judgment day.

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Yah, me too. Didn't move my logging over until 1/1/7.

Like zoom, I'm an RA OG. I joined in Q1 or Q2 of 2006.

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

1/10/2007.  Wow, 12 years.

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

Half Fanatic #846

I joined when I first started running in 2005 at 58. Been slacking lately, but now gearing up for some 14'er summits since I moved to Colorado a few months ago.

"I don't always roll a joint, but when I do, it's usually my ankle" - unk.         "Frankly autocorrect, I'm getting a bit tired of your shirt".                  I ran half my last race on my left foot!                                  

11/20/2006

Been around a long time....from my restart of running in 2006 and looking for a log, to ultra's to injury.  Love the RA log and friends I have made along the way.

"Nothing's better than the wind to your back, the sun in front of you, and your friends beside you." Aaron Douglas Trimble

GinnyinPA

I started logging here in January 2013. I had been running the previous two years, but not keeping an online log. I also spent a lot of those two years injured, so didn't do a lot of miles. I never went back and filled in those miles, so my total mileage is about 700 low. I was part of the RWOL invasion, having gotten very tired of the spam.

Yllissanje

Spam

The Thunder

January 1st 2007. Haven’t missed logging a run since. Currently in my longest running hiatus since that day.

MTA: Who’s Eric? Wink

1 Hip and 2 Hamstring reconstructions later…