First snow run of the season WOOO HOOO (Read 612 times)

Golden Buff

Fifteen minutes into my run this morning it starts to spit rain drops and by mile 4 I'm running in a full fledged SNOW STORM. The next two hours were nothing but big, wet, white flakes all around. What a great way to start a day. Thank God I learned not to wear any cotton when I run 'cause there was a 10 MPH breeze blowing, too. Guess its almost time to put away the shorts and get out the skis!
    Curt

it is 72° outside right now. I spent the entire day outside...ran most of the Bradbury Mountain course, spent a few hours marking the course, and then raked leaves while listening to the Patriots pound on the Dolphins. This just ain't right for this time of year here in Maine.

Run to Win
      25 Marathons, 17 Ultras, 16 States (Full List)

PWL

Has been

it is 72° outside right now... This just ain't right for this time of year here in Maine.
        No kidding. I just went hiking in Topsham in shorts and a t-shirt. It's frickin October, right??

"Years ago my mother used to say to me, she'd say, 'In this world, Elwood, you must be' - she always called me Elwood - 'In this world, Elwood, you must be oh so smart or oh so pleasant.'  Well, for years I was smart.  I recommend pleasant."

Yup, it's October. It's 77 here today - coldest it's been in awhile. Beautiful running weather.

Another Passion

Maybe Al Gore is right?!? Confused

Rick
            "The will to win means nothing without the will to prepare." - Juma Ikangaa
            "I wanna go fast." Ricky Bobby
            runningforcassy.blogspot.com

Golden Buff

It was 80 degrees here yesterday, too but it can change quickly. I agree,that's just too warm for late October. Obviously, none of the snow lasted, but it makes for a pretty run.
              Curt
              db7

Hey Captn I ran in Lethbridge Alberta this morning. Very nice morning. Bout 34 at 0730. Glad you had a good morning. DB

Tougher than most, dumber than the rest. "You can not count the miles until you feel them" TVZ

I love the snow and can't wait until it starts here. I was out last night in a t-shirt. (yup evil cotton it was laundry night) and shorts. 8 pm and it was 15 degress C. Just not right. Should be in a light jacket at least.

My sport's your sport's punishment

2012 goals

100 Km month         150 K month      200K month

5K run    10K run     20K run              30K run

sub 30 min 5K         sub 55min 10K

Golden Buff

DB7, Thanks, but ... If you're on Alberta shouldn't you be skiing instead of running? Cool See ya when you get back.
                    Curt
                      Ohhh I'm jealous. 80 here today too ! .... hell, I'd settle for a FALL-LIKE run right about now Tongue
                      2009: BQ?
                      zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

CO and MI both have such spastic weather! We can easily go from 80s one day to 50s the next. Today is in the 50s and 2 days ago was in the mid-70s. The worst part is what it does to allergens and my sinuses. I'm so jealous that skiing season is about to start for you guys. If I lived in CO I'd be hard-pressed to get any runs in during the Winter months. I think I'd be skiing as much as possible (though I'd have to be wealthy to afford the gear and lift tickets, I suppose). k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Dog-Love

My daughter in Juneau said she played soccer and it was hailing ("perfect soccer weather Mom"). I on the other hand ran this morning in VA in 80 degrees and my clothes are still wet. Time for this cold-weather gal to get back home and get the cleats out of storage...YEA!!!
                          Run like you are on fire! 5K goal 24:00 or less (PR 24:34) 10K goal 50:00 or less (PR 52:45) HM goal 1:55:00 or less (PR 2:03:02) Marathon Goal...Less than my PR (PR 4:33:23)