Brooks Lightweight Line-up -- Spring '09 (Read 1142 times)

Anyone else looking forward to the launch of the Brooks, well, Launch (7/1)? Originally billed as the replacement for the Axiom 3, I spoke with a rep at a recent marathon who stated it would resemble the Burn more than any current shoe in their lineup. The color way alone hints at this.

Brooks will also release the Ghost 2 on 7/1. The catalog states there will be a bit more forefoot cushioning and that improvements have been made to the fit. It also appears the new edition will sport their BioMoGo material (satisfies runner’s green envy). Despite the add-ons, however, the overall weight has actually dropped 0.2 ounces. The first production color for men will be yellow (my favorite). Man, these are going to be so good.

Lastly, has anyone tried out the T6 Racer? Any thoughts?

Marquess of Utopia

The Launch looks nice. I didn't like the feel of the Ghost 1.
      Molly Woodford

I have a pair of the T6 and so far I've only worn them twice, for about 10 miles total, but I really like them. They're the nicest feeling mid-weight flats that I've had, the forefoot is flexible and they just feel really good. I have developed some nasty blisters around my Achilles, however.<input type="hidden" id="gwProxy" />

The Launch does look a lot like the Burn. I hope it is the rebirth of the Burn with a different name.

Brooks could come up with some better looking shoes tho.

OP: Where did you get the info?

Ricky

—our ability to perform up to our physiological potential in a race is determined by whether or not we truly psychologically believe that what we are attempting is realistic. Anton Krupicka

I found the Ghost 2's online for $80.99 shipped!   ..I really like the yellow/black, and I liked the original Ghost, so.. they should be here in a few days
              Took a couple of screen grabs from their Fall 09 catalog (brooksrunning.com).

The Ghost 2 are already on sale? Where online did you find them?

The Ghost 2 are already on sale? Where online did you find them?

Roadrunnersports.com,  onlineshoes.com, and theshoemart.com  all have them. 

Thanks for the heads-up.

I ordered a pair of the ghost 2 and the launch from my local running store, but they have no clue when they will arrive. Still, I think I can survive an extra week or so if I know it's going to help local business. If you feel up to it, provide a review on new Ghost.

come on guys... I need some lightweight shoes in widths!!!!  I guess they just don't want the business of those out there with odd shaped feet.
                      My ghost 2's finally got here today.  They seem very similar to the original ghost.. maybe just a touch more cushioning.  I really like the look of them too.  I'll test them out on a run tomorrow!
                        Looking forward to the report. Mine are on order, but I'm looking at an early July delivery. Yellow and black rock every which way in a shoe...btw.
                        danazc

Roadrunnersports.com,  onlineshoes.com, and theshoemart.com  all have them. 

I tried all 3 sites and they are all $100, how did you get $80?  Also are the sizes the same fit as the ghost 1's?  I want to order a pair of the ghost 2's because the Ghost 1's are awesome.

Beware, batbear...

I love it when they come out with new models.  It makes the old models almost half price.  REI has the Ghost 1 on sale for $58 now!

2014 Goal -- Run 5X per week, pain-free (relatively) by end of summer.

danazc

I wonder if I should just save the $40 dollars and just get new ghost 1's again, I love them.

You might want to go with the Ghost 1. I tried on the Ghost 2 yesterday in the store and wasn't thrilled with the updates. For starters, the arch support was beefed up which made the fit feel somewhat off. Brooks also raised the heel slightly and added noticeably more forefoot cushioning coupled with a flared out toe box (due to complaints of the shoes’ narrowness). It's definitely "more of a shoe.”  

The color way, however, is awesome; I never turn down yellow and black in a shoe. The hydroflow is still there if you need it and the Biomogo sole is a nice update (improves your footprint…ha). Still, I will continue to eat up the cheap Ghost 1 until it becomes too difficult to find.

I ended up taking the Launch home and immediately ran 9.5 miles in them. Out of the box, they were perfect. A bit softer than the last several models I’ve run in, but a very sound shoe. I have some Brooks Burn 3s (new and cheap from eBay, but I can’t use them on account they are too small…any takers?) and the feel is very similar. Once again the toe box was expanded to placate the wider feet kids, but I can deal. I assume there will be a lot of people who are not into the Flash Gordon color way, but I love it.