Outer Leg - Hip Pain (Read 652 times)

I ran a marathon on 3/30 and have taken care to come back slowly, as my legs were pretty sore the week after. I was just getting my legs back and running pain free after two weeks of real easy running after the race. So on Saturday, I ran harder and it felt great during the workout. Later that night, the outside of my upper leg hurts, to even walk. I have had my share of experience with lower leg pain, but this is a first. The pain starts just below my belt line on my waist and only extends down about the length of my hand.Hamstrings, knees, quads all feel fine. I rested it Sunday and Monday and this morning on a short (but hilly) run, the pain was back and it started to alter my stride. I noticed slight relief from the pain, if I pressed against the area with my hand. I of course will rest and ice,, but does anyone have a similar experience or hunch what it might be. Thanks

uncontrollable

This is my issue as well. Left hip area - haunted me from 1/2 way point at Boston yesterday - got worse as the miles went on - not happy about that. In general - I think it started way back when I really picked up my speed & hill work - probably too much at once - I noticed it first with serious uphills. I've had it ever since. Sometimes at bay, but always there it seems, ready to flare up if I make the 'wrong' move/moves. Never really had it medically evaluated. I work in the medical field - 9/10 times - you'll be told to stop running. I use ice, rest, & avoid triggers. I guess that's not very helpful to you, but I just thought I'd share!

peace

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

I did a little surfing and saw two good guesses,,, Hip Bursitis (as Trent suggest),, or perhaps Tendonitis. I don't know if one is worse than the other,, they both stem from inflamation (of either the bursa or tendon) usually due to overuse and are both treated the same,, at least from what i've read.
          and i also wonder if cross training - cycling,, would aggravate.