Could high arch in shoe be causing my foot pain? (Read 88 times)

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Okay, I was guided to the Asics GT-2000 line back in 2013 and have loved them ever since. Nothing changed with the GT-2000 2, not with the GT-2000 3 line..... but these GT-2000 4 shoes are very noticeably different and I've only ran in them 3 times now and every time I do my toes are on fire, needle like pain throughout the bottom and top of my feet (sometimes in just one foot) and just miserable for about 8-9 miles. I have no such issues in my GT-2000 3's, so tonight I decided to put one of the GT-2000 4's on one foot and one of my GT-2000 3 on the other and immediately noticed a difference - the arch in the 4's are much higher and more pronounced than in the 3's.

So my question is this - do you think it is the high arch that is irritating and screwing up my stride and foot landing, which could be causing this pain?

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

mdolley

Funky kicks 2019

Try going up half a size

CanadianMeg

#RunEveryDay

I don't have an answer for you, but I feel your frustration. Loved my ASICs until 2000-3 came out. The 2000-3 were not a good shoe for me and the 2000-4 hurt my feet the first time on tried them on in my LRS. For me, the 4s put pressure on the outside edge of my foot at the arch.  I'm currently waiting on a pair of GT 2000 I ordered off Ebay. Try the half size bigger but also try another shoe for comparison.

Half Fanatic #9292. 

Game Admin for RA Running Game 2023.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

I ended up going to LRS and got refitted, apparently my pronation isn't as bad/severe as it used to be and I no longer need such stiff/supportive shoes.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Joann Y

Okay, I was guided to the Asics GT-2000 line back in 2013 and have loved them ever since. Nothing changed with the GT-2000 2, not with the GT-2000 3 line..... but these GT-2000 4 shoes are very noticeably different and I've only ran in them 3 times now and every time I do my toes are on fire, needle like pain throughout the bottom and top of my feet (sometimes in just one foot) and just miserable for about 8-9 miles. I have no such issues in my GT-2000 3's, so tonight I decided to put one of the GT-2000 4's on one foot and one of my GT-2000 3 on the other and immediately noticed a difference - the arch in the 4's are much higher and more pronounced than in the 3's.

So my question is this - do you think it is the high arch that is irritating and screwing up my stride and foot landing, which could be causing this pain?

I don't know anything about these particular shoes but I can tell you that every time I put on a pair of Hokas I get burning pain in my feet and especially my toes. I would check your shoelaces but otherwise I think there are just some shoes that are a no go. I had the same exact thing in the Hoka Clifton and Hoka Kailua Tarmac. And I think it may have screwed things up for me in my feet and ankles for a long time (or at least exacerbated a problem). I would just find a different shoe and cut your losses now.