Jogging regularly can add years to your life (Read 880 times)

beat

Break on through

http://todayhealth.today.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2012/05/03/11526261-jogging-regularly-can-add-years-to-your-life?lite

The results showed that over 35 years, there were 10,158 deaths among the non-joggers, and 122 deaths among the joggers.  That means the risk of dying over the course of the study was reduced by 44 percent for joggers, the researchers said.

That doesn't seem quite right!  Oh...  I see... the study was on 20,000 people total, but only 1878 of them were joggers. still.. more than half of the non-joggers died over the 35 years, but only 6.5% of the joggers died in that same period?

Also, apparently, you have to keep the amount of jogging between 1 hour and 2.5 hours per week to see the most benefit!  No more... no less.

"Not to touch the Earth, not to see the Sun, nothing left to do but run, run, run..."

bhearn

Then there's this study of 100,000 runners, which says that more is better, period.

More exercise better in long run, study finds

beat

Break on through

Yeah, I like that one better!

however much exercise you're getting, it would probably be even better to do a little more

"Not to touch the Earth, not to see the Sun, nothing left to do but run, run, run..."

Half Fanatic #846

"...add years to your life."  That's so true!  When I first started running, I felt like I was dying, and someone even said I looked like I was dying.  That was seven years ago, and I feel pretty good now.

More exercise better in long run, study finds

But really, I'm not sure I can fit any more exercise into my long runs.

"I don't always roll a joint, but when I do, it's usually my ankle" - unk.         "Frankly autocorrect, I'm getting a bit tired of your shirt".                  I ran half my last race on my left foot!                                  

MAN -- Dont you know -- all that jogging will screw up your knees......Shocked

Champions are made when no one is watching

Tiefsa

I ran today, and it was glorious.  

Sorry.  I just watched Old School.

In another captain obvious study, getting kicked in the head hurts.