What happens after you die? (Read 1094 times)

What do you believe and why? Let it roll.

Into the wild

Someone will prolly bury me; they may burn me. Why? The smell would prohibit inaction. MTCSM

Shut up and run

Due to my experiences with lucid-dreaming, out of body states, and conversations with entities in those states, I've come to know that life is so much more than I ever imagined or could imagine. Unlimited. I believe that when I die I will find myself in another envirenment; one in which symbols and thoughts materialize much faster than this dimension (yes your thoughts do materialize here and you do live in a symbolic world). In the after-death envirement, there will be time for rest, but that will be short-lived as creativity and progress must resume. New lives will be planned, or perhaps you won't be returning to earth and will enter other systems of reality. I also believe that if you believe in a God or a Heaven, you will experience that for a short time, as your beliefs will materialize. That also will be short-lived as you must continue to grow and develop. Same goes for hell. Some anecdotal proof of this are reports of people who have been declared dead and who have had exxperiences. Some see Jesus, some Mohammed or Allah. Depends what you belief. There will be guides to help you out of these limiting fantasies. They will help you resolve conflicting beliefs so that you can move on to new endeavors. After-death will be more alive than here. Exhilerating, peaceful with creativity flowing through you that dwarfs what you have experienced here. Life goes on. Always and forever.
          It would help us answer you if we could see your log.

"Good-looking people have no spine. Their art never lasts. They get the girls, but we're smarter." - Lester Bangs

Why do you need to see someone's running log to discuss an "Off the Beaten Path" topic? Have some fun!
              IF your good , you Qualify for Boston. If not your stuck running The Harpeth Hills Flying Monkey Marathon Evil grin

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

Doubt he would have one after he dies Wink

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

Doubt he would have one after he dies Wink
                  LOL. Actually you can any sized endownment you wish, but sex there like here would be a joke. You can dispense with the idea of a body and just meld energies with another being. I've done this out-of-body, and it eclipses any love-making I've had here, as you truly get to become one and feel the being of another.

CO Christian

Laughing at the jokes too, but seriously folks... Jesus said, "No one comes to the Father except through me." There is a Creator... a loving Father who created us to be with Him, but our sins separate us. Since sin cannot be removed by good deeds, Jesus paid the price (took our punishment) by suffering and dying on a cross, then rose again & ascended into heaven. Everyone who trusts in Him alone has eternal life, which means we will live with God forever. In other words... We have a choice to spend eternity either IN his presense (heaven) or OUT OF His presence (hell). For those who don't know this to be true yet, just ask. Jesus also said, "Knock, and the door will be opened to you."
                      I think Jesus was telling us we are unlimited and that we can never leave God. If you believe the bible, and that God is the alpha and omega, then all there is is God. We are in God's mind, which is unlimited. Hell is a limited concept, as is heaven. REALITY is so much more vast than words, bibles, Jesus, or you or me. If you take the Bible story about Jesus as literal truth, then you have to believe that Jesus was showing us that physical reality is an illusion. He walks on water because water can be solid to him. He can heal an ear because the body is an illusion. He returns to disciples in ghost form (just as many people are now visited by loved ones in ghostly form who have just died) to show that there is llife after death. The body is a temporary vessel. What does "through him" mean to you?
                      JakeKnight

I believe that when I die, I will go to a shiny, happy place where I can hang out at my favorite running site without hearing a word about politics, religion, global warming, animal rights, vegetarianism, or - to paraphrase the great Ferris Bueller - any ism at all. Where all you can find is witty, snarky remarks about Gu flavors, bloody nipples, chafed thighs, and Jessica Alba. A place in which I don't have the first clue about what someone prays to, sleeps with, or votes for ... but where I know for a fact that they'd rub BodyGlide on my inner thighs if I was desperate. This is why I don't fear the reaper. With or without cowbell.
                        Now that is funny. A little slice of my own personal heaven.

E-mail: eric.fuller.mail@gmail.com
                        -----------------------------

CO Christian

I think it's all a lot more simple and that people struggle too much with the details. Today's reality is here and now... I'm typing this message with something more than an illusion. God created us in this form knowing exactly what we'd struggle with... sin, confusion, concepts that are easier to believe than the Truth. I believe Jesus walked on water, healed many, and returned from his death in human form, etc. for the very reason He said He did: John 10:25-28 says "The miracles I do in my Father's name speak for me, but you do not believe because you are not my sheep. My sheep listen to my voice; I know them, and they follow me. I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; no one can snatch them out of my hand." (Note: He doesn't give everyone eternal life with God, only those who follow Him.) 'Through Him', to me, means that without His sacrifice, I am completely unworthy of entering into God's presence.
                            My liver will be removed for donation. I will be cremated. My ashs will be placed in an urn.
                            I'm condemned by a society that demands success when all I can offer is failure. -Max Bialystock
                              I think it's all a lot more simple and that people struggle too much with the details. Today's reality is here and now... I'm typing this message with something more than an illusion. God created us in this form knowing exactly what we'd struggle with... sin, confusion, concepts that are easier to believe than the Truth. I believe Jesus walked on water, healed many, and returned from his death in human form, etc. for the very reason He said He did: John 10:25-28 says "The miracles I do in my Father's name speak for me, but you do not believe because you are not my sheep. My sheep listen to my voice; I know them, and they follow me. I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; no one can snatch them out of my hand." (Note: He doesn't give everyone eternal life with God, only those who follow Him.) 'Through Him', to me, means that without His sacrifice, I am completely unworthy of entering into God's presence.
                              You are already in God's presence. And always will be. You think the creator has gone offf somewhere far away? It is part of everything, it IS everything. Remember that God is not what you think God is. That is just your thoughts. In fact, all of it just your thoughts. Take the moment of orgasm as an example. In that moment of ecstacy, there is no thought of God, Jesus, heaven or hell, just pure energy. In that moment, where did it all go? Same for deep sleep when you are in a place deep within your being. A place that cannot be translated into thought. It all starts up again when you wake up and start thinking again. Thus even God and Jesus is your own creation, you are making your own version of something you don't really understand or know. Even scientifically we've proved physical reality is a mirage. It's real, but it's an illlusion at the same time. Temporary. Take a table for example. The atoms making up that table are always moving, and popping in and out of reality, it's YOUR idea of a table being filled by the the little units that make up the universe. The table YOU are seeing is your own creation. Everyone is in their own version of reality. Everyone is creating their own table so to speak. You can not divorce yourself from your own experience, and your own experience will never be anyone elses. It is private, personal, and a complete reflection of what you believe. You are surfing endless probabilities. Every choice you make now shifts your experience and materializes a probable world. The same will hold true after death. The answers are not in any book, but within yourself, your being. A book is not connected to the creator, but you are.
                                My liver will be removed for donation. I will be cremated. My ashs will be placed in an urn.
                                Why an urn? Why not scattered?