Whatcha' eatin'? (Read 1168 times)

Breakfast: Amaranth with apples, cinnamon, and walnuts Snack: Fresh berries and nuts (cherries, blueberries, blackberries, cashews, almonds) Lunch: Chicken salad w/ pear, arugula, pine nuts, homeade mustard dressing Snack: Avocado w/ lemon and salt Dinner: Rosemary and lemon salmon, brown rice, baked sweet potato slices w/ onion, asparagus, steamed mixed veggies - Chris
    zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Breakfast: Amaranth with apples, cinnamon, and walnuts Snack: Fresh berries and nuts (cherries, blueberries, blackberries, cashews, almonds) Lunch: Chicken salad w/ pear, arugula, pine nuts, homeade mustard dressing Snack: Avocado w/ lemon and salt Dinner: Rosemary and lemon salmon, brown rice, baked sweet potato slices w/ onion, asparagus, steamed mixed veggies - Chris
      I think that's the healthiest menu I've ever seen in a single day. NICE! Smile

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

I think that's the healthiest menu I've ever seen in a single day. NICE! Smile
        Thanks a lot! I've been making a very careful and concerted effort to eat this way for about 3 weeks now. So far, the results have been amazing! - Dropped 12 pounds so far (and I'm eating non-stop...no "dieting" per se... I just eat when hungry) - Blood pressure down 30+ points (150s/70s down to 112/58 last week) - Running much better, recovering faster - A couple long term running injuries seem to be healing quicker/better. The downside is that it takes a ton of planning and prep work. Hopefully that aspect will improve with time as I get used to not eating processed food. - Chris
        zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Chris, those are amazing results! The work is worth it! Smile

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Thanks a lot! I've been making a very careful and concerted effort to eat this way for about 3 weeks now. So far, the results have been amazing! - Dropped 12 pounds so far (and I'm eating non-stop...no "dieting" per se... I just eat when hungry) - Blood pressure down 30+ points (150s/70s down to 112/58 last week) - Running much better, recovering faster - A couple long term running injuries seem to be healing quicker/better. The downside is that it takes a ton of planning and prep work. Hopefully that aspect will improve with time as I get used to not eating processed food. - Chris
            As a Chef, I will tell you that your menu looked amazing, and very tasty. Eating good, healthy food is the BEST isn't it? Granted it's true about the prep work, but if you take one day per week ( Sunday is usually a good day for this if you work all week out of the home) and do 90 percent of the prep work, it's much easier to get the good food to the table quicker. You are certainly reeping the rewards of that healthy choice. Tonight I made: Corn and Arugula Salad with small amount of bacon crumbles with white wne vinaigrette Herbed Chicken Burgers ( ground chicken) with Whole Wheat Buns Very delicious, and super easy. Keep up the good work! Smile

Life Goal- Stay Cancer Free, Live my Best Life

" Choose Joy, Today and ALWAYS" 

Flat footer

Heres what I had for numnums today... 5:30 am breakfast: raisin bran w/soy milk, coffee w/skim milk 9:00 am snack: 2 bananas 10:45 am snack: Small low fat yogurt, 1 peach, 1 apple 12:00pm lunch: small garden salad w/chick peas, low fat dressing 2:15 pm snack: hand full of roasted unsalted peanuts 4:00 pm snack: 1 banana, medium coffee w/skim milk 6:00 pm 4 mile easy run 7:00 pm dinner: turkey burger w/slice of american cheese on a whole wheat bun, black beans, squash I've been eating healthy since April 1st. I have lost 24 pounds since then!!! Smile I lost 3 pounds this week! Since I started running the last few pounds are coming off!!! Cool