Shoe Suggestions Please (Read 122 times)

Jan26.2

I'm looking for a light stability shoe with a wide toe box. I run in Altra Provisioness for my shorter runs, but am not quite ready to run in them for longer distances. The Nike Lunarglide 3s have worked well for me, but I believe the 4s have a narrower toe box. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

PR's: 5k - 23:33/ 10k - 48:30/ 5 mi. - 39:21/ 13.1 - 1:53/ 26.2 recent - 4:34

Upcoming races: Resolution Run HM 1/1/13

Phoenix R&R    HM 1/20/13

Try the LunarGlide 4 anyway.  I was skeptical of the tight fit when I first tried them on, coming from Lunarglide 2, but I have not had any problems with them yet.

zonykel

I wear the Saucony Progrid Mirage 2 (I wore version 1 as well). They are relatively light, with a little bit of stability. Toe box is about average, though. It's sort of a transition shoe towards minimalist.

Ball of Fury

I have a pretty wide foot and ran in the Lunarglide 4 for and while.  I had zero problems with the toe box and absolutely loved the shoes.  Unfortunately, they ended up giving me a blister on the bottom of my foot so I had to switch, but I say definitely give them a shot!

PRs:  5K 22:59, 10K 46:54,HM: 1:51:15

In it for the long run..

Altra Torin has more cushioning than Provisioness and is fine for long runs.

"It's not who wins he workout..."

BANNED from the LLR (Ladies' Locker Room) forum at age 64 for not playing nicely with others. Had to find other playgrounds. 

superspike113

Honorary Old

I have a pair of Asics GelNeo33s and I like them.

2 Mile: 17: 11   5k PR: 27:45    5 Mile: 44:11    10K: 59:01    Half: 2:15:59     Marathon: 5:50:07

I'm looking for a light stability shoe with a wide toe box. I run in Altra Provisioness for my shorter runs, but am not quite ready to run in them for longer distances. The Nike Lunarglide 3s have worked well for me, but I believe the 4s have a narrower toe box. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

If the LunarGlide has been a shoe thats working well for you.. then why the heck do you want to go to a Altra?

---------

Jan26.2

sethh - That's a good question. I guess I got caught up in all the "zero drop is best" hype and decided to check it out. The Altras are ok, but probably not the shoe nirvana I was looking for.

Thanks for the suggestions everyone. I think I'll give the Lunarglide 4s a shot.

PR's: 5k - 23:33/ 10k - 48:30/ 5 mi. - 39:21/ 13.1 - 1:53/ 26.2 recent - 4:34

Upcoming races: Resolution Run HM 1/1/13

Phoenix R&R    HM 1/20/13

sethh - That's a good question. I guess I got caught up in all the "zero drop is best" hype and decided to check it out. 

Yea... there is a lot of that fiction going around.

---------