Shoe Suggestions Please (Read 122 times)

Jan26.2

I'm looking for a light stability shoe with a wide toe box. I run in Altra Provisioness for my shorter runs, but am not quite ready to run in them for longer distances. The Nike Lunarglide 3s have worked well for me, but I believe the 4s have a narrower toe box. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

PR's: 5k - 23:33/ 10k - 48:30/ 5 mi. - 39:21/ 13.1 - 1:53/ 26.2 recent - 4:34

Upcoming races: Resolution Run HM 1/1/13

Phoenix R&R    HM 1/20/13

Try the LunarGlide 4 anyway.  I was skeptical of the tight fit when I first tried them on, coming from Lunarglide 2, but I have not had any problems with them yet.

zonykel

I wear the Saucony Progrid Mirage 2 (I wore version 1 as well). They are relatively light, with a little bit of stability. Toe box is about average, though. It's sort of a transition shoe towards minimalist.

Ball of Fury

I have a pretty wide foot and ran in the Lunarglide 4 for and while.  I had zero problems with the toe box and absolutely loved the shoes.  Unfortunately, they ended up giving me a blister on the bottom of my foot so I had to switch, but I say definitely give them a shot!

PRs:  5K 22:59, 10K 46:54,HM: 1:51:15

Altra Torin has more cushioning than Provisioness and is fine for long runs.

Out there running since dinosaurs roamed the earth

superspike113

Honorary Old

I have a pair of Asics GelNeo33s and I like them.

2 Mile: 17: 11   5k PR: 27:45    5 Mile: 44:11    10K: 59:01    Half: 2:15:59     Marathon: 5:50:07

I'm looking for a light stability shoe with a wide toe box. I run in Altra Provisioness for my shorter runs, but am not quite ready to run in them for longer distances. The Nike Lunarglide 3s have worked well for me, but I believe the 4s have a narrower toe box. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

If the LunarGlide has been a shoe thats working well for you.. then why the heck do you want to go to a Altra?

---------

Jan26.2

sethh - That's a good question. I guess I got caught up in all the "zero drop is best" hype and decided to check it out. The Altras are ok, but probably not the shoe nirvana I was looking for.

Thanks for the suggestions everyone. I think I'll give the Lunarglide 4s a shot.

PR's: 5k - 23:33/ 10k - 48:30/ 5 mi. - 39:21/ 13.1 - 1:53/ 26.2 recent - 4:34

Upcoming races: Resolution Run HM 1/1/13

Phoenix R&R    HM 1/20/13

sethh - That's a good question. I guess I got caught up in all the "zero drop is best" hype and decided to check it out. 

Yea... there is a lot of that fiction going around.

---------