I must be a real runner now (Read 745 times)

Its now exactly one year since I took the plunge and set myself a target of finishing a marathon 6 months later. Here I am one year later, weighing 7kg (15 lb) less, having run 3,200 km(2000 miles) in the year and managing to finish 2 marathons. To top it off my run today was something I never thought I'd do: a 16km (10 mile) run after dinner, in the dark, while it was raining - and the key thing was it was great - I liked it! With my head lamp, shower jacket, Under-Armour shorts and top, and a Garmin on my wrist I think I must actually look the part now so I'll declare myself as having graduated to the status of real runner.

Running - cheaper than therapy

With my head lamp, shower jacket, Under-Armour shorts and top, and a Garmin on my wrist I think I must actually look the part now so I'll declare myself as having graduated to the status of real runner.
      Nothing wrong with any of this, but it doesn't make you a runner. I'd say all you need is shoes, but that would stir up a barefoot debate...Clowning around
      I liked it!
      Now THAT matters. Congrats on a great year Ian, very well done. I'm sure the best is yet to come, keep up the great work.

E.J.
      Greater Lowell Road Runners
      Cry havoc and let slip the dawgs of war!

May the road rise to meet you, may the wind be always at your back, may the sun shine warm upon your SPF30, may the rains fall soft upon your sweat-wicking hat, and until you hit the finish line may The Flying Spaghetti Monster hold you in the hollow of His Noodly Appendage.

KMB

Way to go Ian! yet another example that runners can do anything!