Pain in toes (Read 103 times)

Crzoomb

I have just started my 3rd week of couch to 5k. I have developed pain , burning,itching on my 3 middle toes of both feet. I don’t think it’s athletes foot. Anyone have an idea on how to eliminate it ?

CalBears

I would first try size up your running shoes maybe?

paces PRs - 5K - 5:48  /  10K - 6:05  /  HM - 6:14  /  FM - 6:26 per mile

CanadianMeg

#RunEveryDay

Try loosening your shoes. It's easy to tie shoes too tight.

Half Fanatic #9292. 

Game Admin for RA Running Game 2023.

is the pain only while running, immediately after, or all the time?

60-64 age group  -  University of Oregon alumni  -  Irreverent and Annoying

Crzoomb

Thanks for the replies. It’s more of a burning, numbness, sounds strange and all the time. I’ve run for the past 8 years with the C to 5K along with cycling and Tae Kwon Do.  This is crazy, even hurts to walk.

I wonder if it's part of the "covid toes" symptom? If they have free CV-19 testing for people with symptoms near you, this might be a good excuse to get it.

The "all the time" thing means it might not be related to running.

If you are in low drop shoes it could be the plantar under your foot pulling tight. I experience that burning with shoes under 6mm drop. What shoe are you in ?

55+ PBs 5k 18:36 June 3rd TT

" If you don't use it you lose it,  but if you use it, it wears out.

Somewhere in between is about right "      

Crzoomb

It was all in my shoes. I guess I didn’t realize how tired my NB were. Ordered an new set of 870v5 (I over pronate) and the pain is gone.

Great cal Piwikiwi !

CanadianMeg

#RunEveryDay

Glad you solved it. If you are using the training log here to track runs, put your shoes in so it can keep track of the mileage on your shoes. Makes it easier to know when you are getting closer to needing replacements.

Half Fanatic #9292. 

Game Admin for RA Running Game 2023.

It was all in my shoes. I guess I didn’t realize how tired my NB were. Ordered an new set of 870v5 (I over pronate) and the pain is gone.

Great cal Piwikiwi !

yay!

I love it when stuff gets resolved!

BudVon

I benefited so much.

kimimiles

spam
                          harvey2787

Some people believe in using insoles can prevent many foot problems. The issues in alignment, and over stretching of any muscle can be the reason for that pain. There is no harm in trying if you feel pain in your foot.