ASICS Nimbus 18 alternative (Read 109 times)

I know the ghost & cliftons come in wide.  how about the  glycerin?   Saucony rides are a bit narrow in the toebox as they really taper quickly & they seem to have abit less total volume as well.  don't sit as deep.  Altras of course have the wider toebox with the 0 drop

GinnyinPA

Glycerins do come in wide sizes. Even the regular size is pretty wide. I wore some last night at a test run at the LRS. Although I have very wide feet, I was fine for 4 miles in B width. I ordered a pair in the wides though for my long runs.

teileen

The triumph toe box is wide.  It's one of my requirements because I have duck feet.  Works for me.  My only issue is that my right big toe wears a whole in the top of the shoe in the mesh after a few hundred miles.  But that's because I need to get more pedicures.  Smile

Est. 2006

I also have a high arch and need a wide toe box.

-I wanted a stability shoe so tried on the Nimbus about a month back because everyone wears Nimbus and therefore they are great?! They were really narrow and I felt like I was running with bricks on my feet.

-I used to run in Saucony Ride 7's and they had a wide toe box.

-Ended up buying a pair of Ghost 10s. Wide toe box and the most comfortable shoe I have ever run in. There isn't much of an arch in them but I use K-tape (which I think works better than custom orthotics).

Ghyndui

As the original poster I am really surprised, and encouraged, by the active discussion.

I went with Altra Torin and my times improved as my toes weren't being "scrunched" in the front.

However, I may go with the Altra Paradigm for my next shoes as I find even the Torin, with Orange Superfeet cushioning inserts, still gives me a "pounding" sensation.  I know I do not pronate, and may very well underpronate, so all the pounding feels like it's on the outside of my feet.  I know the Altra website says that it takes time to get used to wearing the zero-drop Altras, but after 250+ miles in these shoes I think I'm past the "adjustment" phase.