Quadricep tendon strain (Read 33 times)

Rockman

I have been walking/ running and started doing a few squats to stretch before and after. I guess I've overdone it and need advice on a brace to get to help with support after I'm healed up that is not overly restrictive. Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

SMART Approach

You don't give a lot of details on if an injury or just an ache. You need proper rest/recovery to heal....not wise to push through unless very minor strain. There is no brace or wrap that will help you heal this. When feeling better and go for a run, it is better to walk, get body temp up or heat up quad with moist heat vs. stretching to warm it up before running. I would not do static stretching before running however a lot of dynamic movements before activity is good. Be smart with this.

Run Coach. Recovery Coach. Founder of SMART Approach Training, Coaching & Recovery

Structured Marathon Adaptive Recovery Training

Safe Muscle Activation Recovery Technique

www.smartapproachtraining.com

Rockman

Thanks for responding. To be more specific,the pain is right above my kneecap (thigh side). It is too painful to squat and difficult to ascend stairs. Strangely enough,it is not too bad just walking but running is too much.l have taken 2 days off and will try a 3 mile easy-going walk tomorrow. I bought an Ace knee support today. It feels like it will provide enough support . Thanks.

SMART Approach

I have a similar discomfort but not to your degree. I manage it and do a lot of hip, glute, squat type exercises. I just need to allow proper recovery between runs. It does not hurt going up stairs. Get it nice and loose/ warm before your runs.

Run Coach. Recovery Coach. Founder of SMART Approach Training, Coaching & Recovery

Structured Marathon Adaptive Recovery Training

Safe Muscle Activation Recovery Technique

www.smartapproachtraining.com