Frogg toggs raingear (Read 535 times)

Queen of 3rd Place

I searched RA for these and didn't find anything...so...just a note that I am a happy camper. I had tried gore-tex years ago for bicycling and was not impressed in the slightest. Breathable my a.... Anyway I've had a set of Frogg Toggs for years, used for summer motorcycle trips whenever I've headed east of the Rockies - they've been great for those hot weather rainstorms. I pulled them out yesterday to see how they'd work on a run, I was pretty skeptical after my gore-tex experience. I did an hour run in a steady rain and 53F, and was no wetter under the suit than if I'd run in 53F and dry conditions. There was a little wicking of moisture under the collar and at the cuffs. They have a light, papery feel that is pleasant, and do seem to be truly breathable. I should note that my set is very loose-fitting, as I bought it for wearing over an armored motorcycle suit. Yes, I'm a weather wimp, most of you would have gone out in a thong at 53F, but if there is a temperature at which you want to stay dry, but worry about heating up and getting wet under rain gear, this is the ticket, imo. No connection with the business, blah blah, YMMV and all that. http://www.froggtoggs.com/ Arla

Ex runner

Imminent Catastrophe

I have a FroggToggs rain jacket too. Not really breathable but it's light, compact and the price was right.

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

Queen of 3rd Place

Yeah I think the large size may contribute to my sense that it breathes well.

Ex runner

Jazz hands!

Yes, I'm a weather wimp, most of you would have gone out in a thong at 53F
          Wear your weather wimpitude with pride. I have canceled a run because it was 55 and raining.
          run run run AHHHHHH run run run