This girl is a better person than I am (Read 1420 times)

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I am happy to be living in Culverland.

I'm actually sorta happy that the nearest one is about 35 minutes away.  It's bad enough that my DH has been bringing Talenti's gelato into the house on too regular a basis.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

sure sure.  next you'll be say the town is the home of the heaviest ball of twine.  and that the name of the place means "place to hunt deer by fire on the water".  and that the citizens are quirky and have a 5 mile trail run starting at the DQ. 

5 mile run on gravel roads for July 4, but yeah.

Good memories of Cootie from when the kids were little. However, the inventor of Chutes and Ladders is a bad, bad person. Evil.
        PaulyGram

Fast is better than long

2017 Goals: Give up goals; they're stoopid

Give a man a fire and he'll be warm the rest of the night;
          Set a man afire and he'll be warm the rest of his life.

What in the Jehu?

xor

I have probably told this story, I don't know.

My mom used to be a big cheese at Childrens Medical Center in Dallas.  I used to volunteer there during Christmas break.  Once upon a time (maybe still), inpatients would get a free toy when they were admitted.  (hold for this next part, folks who are not Christian...) on Christmas morning, all patients would get 3 wrapped brand new toys from Santa Claus (played for years and years by Dr Ginsberg, the Jewish chief of staff).  All of these toys were donated.  As you might expect, dealing with 1000s of toys and getting them wrapped was a big production.  And Christmas morning involved a bunch of people and time for Santa to go room to room.  ANYWAY, I was the dude who kept the toy storage room in order and helped the Child Life staff find stuff.  Weee.

And let me tell you, NOBODY on that staff liked Chutes and Ladders.  Everybody (above the age of 7, at least) thought that game sucked.  There was a big stack of brand new C&L games that never got selected by the staff.  And new donations of C&L got sent to Goodwill.

Absolutely true story.

Candyland, however, was a big mover.

xor

How many posts does it take to get hijacked in a RunningAhead Thread?

Sorry.

This is why I get called a troll sometimes.  I'm a pest, not a troll.

At one of our high school track meets, our coach thought a guy was dogging in his 440  and ran over and shoved him off the track.  Not quite as inspirational.Smile

SRL, was that Scottish Rite? Or was it your dad who worked there? Anyway, I know I've mentioned Bailey being a patient there her whole childhood. She was an inpatient for three weeks during Easter as an infant. You should have seen the shitload of gifts she got during that time...I can't imagine what Christmas would have been like!
                  xor

SRL, was that Scottish Rite? Or was it your dad who worked there? Anyway, I know I've mentioned Bailey being a patient there her whole childhood. She was an inpatient for three weeks during Easter as an infant. You should have seen the shitload of gifts she got during that time...I can't imagine what Christmas would have been like!

My dad was a big cheese at Scottish Rite for a few years.  Until he got the boot.  Go dad.

Childrens Medical Center of Dallas is a totally different hospital, down the road.  Connected to Parkland.  My step-mom was a cheese there for 18ish years.

Oh, okay--we used to see that one on the way to Ronald McDonald House.
                      LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

My dad was a big cheese at Scottish Rite for a few years.  Until he got the boot.  Go dad.

Childrens Medical Center of Dallas is a totally different hospital, down the road.  Connected to Parkland.  My step-mom was a cheese there for 18ish years.

Culver's has deep-fried cheese curds, too.

xor

These I have had!  YUM.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

They're really not the best I've had, though.  A&W actually has better fried curds, as far as chain restaurants go.  Closer to the beer-battered goodness of my youth.  The very best cheddar curds I've ever had came from the Wild Tomato restaurant...they have amazing food and a great selection of Belgian beers, too.  Only about 5.5 weeks until I get to eat there, again...

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

beat

Break on through

It was a nice thing to do, but it wasn't good sportsmanship.  It's like a basketball team leading 100 - 0, scoring on their own basket to make it 100 - 2.  I'd rather be in last place or a DNF than have a fake 2nd to last place.

"Not to touch the Earth, not to see the Sun, nothing left to do but run, run, run..."