searching "10k" yields no results (Read 483 times)

gregw

I'm trying to find a sub 40 10k thread, but the terms "sub" and "10k" yield no results, making it kind of hard! Firefox 3.0 on WinXP. Thanks!

Prince of Fatness

I don't recall seeing a thread for that. There is a 10K training user group, though. http://www.runningahead.com/groups/10K

Not at it at all. 

mikeymike

I dont' think the search works on numbers. I also don't ever remember seeing such a thread so I'd say go ahead and start one.

Runners run

Hey, nice marmot!

This is all I could find http://www.runningahead.com/forums/post/5e89ca7c79d54957a620fa038a11986b Don't think it was real popular though.

Ben

"The world is my country, science is my religion."-- Christiaan Huygens

gregw

I dont' think the search works on numbers. I also don't ever remember seeing such a thread so I'd say go ahead and start one.
            "sub" also doesn't work but maybe it's too short to get indexed. Anyway, I consulted the great google in a "doh!" moment and "site:runningahead.com sub 40 10k" pulled up the threads mentioned. I guess I'll start another unpopular and short-lived topic Smile

Lazy idiot

I'm pretty sure the search strings have to be longer than 3 characters, so searching for "10k" or "sub" separately would yield nothing. But it sounds like you found/created what you're looking for.

Tick tock

gregw

I'm pretty sure the search strings have to be longer than 3 characters, so searching for "10k" or "sub" separately would yield nothing. But it sounds like you found/created what you're looking for.
                Actually "sub 40 10k" yields nothing also and "goal of sub 40 10k" just pulls up everything with "goal" in it. Interestingly "100k" works, so 3 characters seems to be the magic number. Anyway, as you said, I found what I was looking for.
                eric :)

The indexing mechanism does not consider word less than 4 characters as words and thus they're not indexed. I need to find some late night to change the setting and then regenerate the index.