Running for fitness/health (Read 120 times)

Wisteria

Curious.  What type of runs/mileage to you do for general fitness?

Christirei

i try to get about seven miles four days a week with a long run of about twelve miles over the weekend

Re-Run

Misinformation Officer

What are your goals?

Runs like a dj mixing songs while wearing festive outfits.
        5k PR 5/31/21 24:21 

10k PR 5/23 54:43

HM PR 1/2024 1:59:10

Mr MattM

For general fitness I'd follow typical guidelines of 40+min 3-4 times per week.  For cardio/aerobic fitness it is more about time than mileage.  As for 'types of runs' it's really about alternating intensity with easy/recovery.  Do some 'harder/faster' runs, either shorter/faster runs or intervals.  Do easy runs on the days in between the harder runs.

General fitness is pretty simple.  It's when you start wanting to set PRs that thing get a bit more challenging.

be curious; not judgmental

Sandeep Bahotra

Spam
            SamyilLoset

more spam
              DanaSmith

For general fitness I'd follow typical guidelines of 40+min 3-4 times per week.  For cardio/aerobic fitness it is more about time than mileage.  As for 'types of runs' it's really about alternating intensity with easy/recovery to buy research papers.  Do some 'harder/faster' runs, either shorter/faster runs or intervals.  Do easy runs on the days in between the harder runs.

General fitness is pretty simple.  It's when you start wanting to set PRs that thing get a bit more challenging.

Thanks a lot for information dude!