Apparently worse than R&R marathons (Read 249 times)

stadjak

Interval Junkie --Nobby

My favorite: "In the case of the Qingyuan marathon, the organizers’ lack of experience was also on display when it came to the gift bags given to runners. According to local media, organizers gave runners bars of grape-scented soap, which many participants mistook for energy bars and attempted to eat."

2021 Goals: 50mpw 'cause there's nothing else to do

I laughed at the spin doctor: "if they treated 12,000 injuries in 5 hours, this is actually quite impressive."

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

Quite the accomplishment!

Yes, they can use that in their advertising next year, like some races advertise fast & flat, or lots of bq's. Not only do we boast the highest injury rate of any race on the planet, but we have the most competent doctors! Get hurt and get healed in the time it takes Meb to run the whole race!

BeeRunB

"Marathon registration slots can be snapped up in hours in major cities, with scalped tickets often selling online for ten or even twenty times the original price."

Let's see, if we scalped marathon spots here in the U.S., that would  make an NYC Marathon entry upwards of $5100.00 and a Boston Marathon entry 3600.00 for U.S residents.

I wonder if race bandits  in China are shot or imprisoned.