ATTN: Wisconsin runners (Read 1083 times)

IMKY13 finish!!

I will be in La Crosse, WI in mid-April. I am looking for a running partner to run about 5 miles (at about 9 to 10 minute mile pace) in the mornings. I’ll be staying at the Holiday Inn on Pearl Street.

Fitness/weight goals for 2014

1) STAY INJURY FREE!!!

2) Get to 189 lbs by the end of July 2014...and stay there (as of 4-25-14 was at 203 lbs)

3) Complete Ironman Chattanooga in under 14 hours

4) Break 4 hours in a stand alone marathon (Goal race=Rocket City 12/13/14)

5) 4,500 total overall miles for the year:

Swim: 100 miles

Bike: 3,000 miles

Run: 1,400 miles

Here's a little known piece of trivia: Wisconsin is the only one of the contiguous states with no runners (unless you count the racing sausages) Evil grin Which makes the existence of the http://www.runningahead.com/groups/Wisconsin_Runners/Forum group kinda mysterious.

E.J.
      Greater Lowell Road Runners
      Cry havoc and let slip the dawgs of war!

May the road rise to meet you, may the wind be always at your back, may the sun shine warm upon your SPF30, may the rains fall soft upon your sweat-wicking hat, and until you hit the finish line may The Flying Spaghetti Monster hold you in the hollow of His Noodly Appendage.

thumbs up!

Huh? Is it just too hard for us to run with cheese attached to our heads? Seriously, LaCrosse is a beautiful city. I've never run there, but the bluffs and Miss. river are breathtaking.
        2010 Goals
        1. get to and maintain 20 MPW
        2. sub 50 min Crazy Legs 8k -- April 10 (so close! 50:13... next year)
        3. sub 30 min 5k
        4. improved time in Madison half marathon -- May 10
          Here's a little known piece of trivia: Wisconsin is the only one of the contiguous states with no runners (unless you count the racing sausages) Evil grin Which makes the existence of the http://www.runningahead.com/groups/Wisconsin_Runners/Forum group kinda mysterious.
          Oh yeah? Well Wisconsin has the largest four sided clock IN THE WORLD!!! Eat it. And that forum is for badgers.../smileyverysad....there happen to be other fine universities located in Wisconsin that don't have a badger as a mascot.

"Good-looking people have no spine. Their art never lasts. They get the girls, but we're smarter." - Lester Bangs

finney

Resident pinniped

I'm a WI runner. I know one other one too! Surprised
            zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Don't forget b'gosh, b'gosh, b'gosh!

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Here's a little known piece of trivia: Wisconsin is the only one of the contiguous states with no runners (unless you count the racing sausages) Which makes the existence of the http://www.runningahead.com/groups/Wisconsin_Runners/Forum group kinda mysterious.
                This could be the reason why we're always listed as one of the fattest states. That and custard.
                Fortitudine Vincimus - "By endurance we conquer,"
                  Sorry Daytona, I'd run with you but I'm on the wrong side of the state.
                  Fortitudine Vincimus - "By endurance we conquer,"
                  zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

This could be the reason why we're always listed as one of the fattest states. That and custard.
                    And cheese...and brats...and beer. Cry MI sux.

~ Sarah Kay

MI sux.
                      I knew there was a reason the wind normally blows to the East. EDIT - I read it again and had too many blows.

"Good-looking people have no spine. Their art never lasts. They get the girls, but we're smarter." - Lester Bangs

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I knew there was a reason the wind normally blows to the East.
                        Ha! Tongue

~ Sarah Kay

As long as you don't wear it backwards, that wedge of cheese on your heads should actually be fairly aerodynamic. Wink Apologies to my friends from America's Dairyland, Daytona's thread had about 35 reads without a single response so I figured a little good-natured poke might smoke ya out of your badger holes. It sorta worked. Smile

E.J.
                          Greater Lowell Road Runners
                          Cry havoc and let slip the dawgs of war!

May the road rise to meet you, may the wind be always at your back, may the sun shine warm upon your SPF30, may the rains fall soft upon your sweat-wicking hat, and until you hit the finish line may The Flying Spaghetti Monster hold you in the hollow of His Noodly Appendage.

SMART Approach

Man, I hate the "cheesehead reputation". Gives us a bad reputation of a bunch of yah whooos who are not too bright. Why would anyone where these? I am a diehard Packer fan, but for much of this city, this team rules people's life. I used to be a bit like this from late teens to late 20s, but then reality set in. It is a game! The "cheesehead" did save a Wisconsinite when he was in a small plane crash. The cushion of "cheesehead" saved his life. Ok, there is one purpose.....

Run Coach. Recovery Coach. Founder of SMART Approach Training, Coaching & Recovery

Structured Marathon Adaptive Recovery Training

Safe Muscle Activation Recovery Technique

www.smartapproachtraining.com