CMM update? (Read 744 times)

How did it go for everyone????
    Jill_B

I fly.

I didn't run. I'm dying.

Bring it on.

JakeKnight

How did it go for everyone????
        Check the Pit of Despair Den of Iniquity Pervert Palace 2000 Mile Club, if haven't stumbled into it already: http://runningahead.com/groups/2000/Forum/5db7be93b1da44ab9d5068f85bc0b916

E-mail: eric.fuller.mail@gmail.com
        -----------------------------

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

It went great! Well, not for me mind you. But for several others. Oh, and the sun had a field day.

Imminent Catastrophe

Oh, and the sun had a field day.
            Yeah, a bit warm out there in the last 10k.

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

PerfesserR, nice dining with you. How did y'all all end up doing? Did you get my message after lunch?
                So you all have decided that those of us not running enough miles a week are not kewl enuf to hear about your run without having to search a bit? It sounds like a great time! I hear the sun was out in full force. And Elite Racing turned on some of that training humidity and wind towards the end. Congrats to everyone!!! Hey Trent - did SR do the kids marathon this year? It was such a bummer that she got strep last year!
                Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

SR ran an 8 minute mile. She's 8. She did awesome!
                    SR ran an 8 minute mile. She's 8. She did awesome!
                    I am impressed - I think thats faster than I can run a mile! Or more relevantly than I could run a mile back in Jan. Do you think she is going to turn into a sprinter or a marathoner? Or are you just hoping that she will grown up to be healthy and well-adjusted?

Imminent Catastrophe

PerfesserR, nice dining with you. How did y'all all end up doing? Did you get my message after lunch?
                      Trent, we really had a good time at the lunch get-together, too, it was good to meet some Monkey Alumni. I got your message but it was much later. Sorry about that. Karen did great, placed 20th of 1027 in AG in the half. I was pacer/mule for Maniac #339 in the marathon and he had a tough time, but still placed 3rd in AG, and completed his 75th marathon before his 75th birthday, his longtime goal, so it was a big success for him. For me, the longest "easy" run ever. I thought the race was very well-organized, especially in contrast to the ING Georgia last month. The wave start was well-done and it spread the pack out nicely to avoid gridlock. There were plenty of water and accelerade stops along the way, and medical tents in the second half, with ice packs which came in handy. Accelerade was plentiful. That's the good news. The bad news is that it tastes horrible IMHO and I was glad I had my own sportsdrink. The bands were nice and even kept it up until we stragglers were shuffling past. Those "music marathon" folks know what they're doing. The clocks at each mile were nice, but unless you're a Kenyan you probably aren't too concerned about gun time. The course was great, I especially enjoyed the portion along the river in mile 14-16. Definitely hilly but not any really killer hills except mile 16-18, climbing up from the river. I was expecting the weather to be the same as Friday--cool, windy and overcast. So I didn't bring sunglasses or sunscreen. D'oh! The last 10k were tough--warm, sunny, no wind, and monotonous. See you all at the Pig!

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

Why is it sideways?