Post Your Small, or Big, Victory For The Day! (Read 5844 times)

runnerclay

Consistently Slow

completed my second marathon of the year last weekend at Hatfield/McCoy.  Christmas in July 24 hour ultra awaits me in July where I will qualify for the Marathon Maniacs.

Congrats. We await your arrival to the asylum ! # 3340

Run until the trail runs out.

SCHEDULE 2016--

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

unsolicited chatter

http://bkclay.blogspot.com/

runnerclay

Consistently Slow

Legs tired.  Not enough sleep.  Hot and humid.  Family visiting.  Ran anyway.

I'm also on track to have my highest mileage month yet (over 120--previous record is 100).  I have a feeling these 2 accomplishments are somehow related.

WTG!  Keep it going.

SCHEDULE 2016--

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

unsolicited chatter

runnerclay

Consistently Slow

209 miles on the last 30 days.

Now to put it together in a calendar month.

SCHEDULE 2016--

unsolicited chatter

Congrats. We await your arrival to the asylum ! # 3340

Thank you!  hoping for #9999 Smile

Tammarin.....

runnerclay

Consistently Slow

Need 10.5 miles to make the week. 13 to make the day.

13.5 miles day

61 mile week

Highest weekly total.

High is 67.5 in 2012. Some time this summer.

Weekly total surpassed age

SCHEDULE 2016--

unsolicited chatter

Clay,   you have really come a long way back over the last few months.  great job!

today I broke 100 miles for the month of June.   that makes 60 consecutive months of 100+  since July 2009. 5 years straight!   plan is to keep it going for ???? who knows???    just keep getting out there & see what happens.

CanadianMeg

#RunEveryDay

8 miles before 8 am this morning. It was hard getting up to go, but I'm glad I did. It's been a busy day (4.5 hours at the ball diamonds.)

Half Fanatic #9292. 

Game Admin for RA Running Game 2023.

runnerclay

Consistently Slow

Clay,   you have really come a long way back over the last few months.  great job!

today I broke 100 miles for the month of June.   that makes 60 consecutive months of 100+  since July 2009. 5 years straight!   plan is to keep it going for ???? who knows???    just keep getting out there & see what happens.

WOW! WTG.

SCHEDULE 2016--

unsolicited chatter

runnerclay

Consistently Slow

Too tired to run. Walked 9 miles 5:30 AM. Nearly 2 hours to kill at the airport. Walked 4 miles 10:30AM. Good thing my Garmin is the everyday watch

SCHEDULE 2016--

unsolicited chatter

robin from maine

Ran a 5K in 24:37, under 8 mm for 5K for the first time, and hitting one of my two major goals. I'm 63, female, and after 6 years of running thinking that I'll soon be at the point where the inevitable slowing down with aging exceeds the potential improvement. I wasn't sure that this was even do-able for me, so I'm really thrilled.

runnerclay

Consistently Slow

1st  200 mile month since May 2012(250). May 2013(17).

June 2014 - 213 miles. Will take my scheduled rest day today!

SCHEDULE 2016--

unsolicited chatter

amn77

Ran a 5K in 24:37, under 8 mm for 5K for the first time, and hitting one of my two major goals. I'm 63, female, and after 6 years of running thinking that I'll soon be at the point where the inevitable slowing down with aging exceeds the potential improvement. I wasn't sure that this was even do-able for me, so I'm really thrilled.

Fantastic!

Allyson

today I broke 100 miles for the month of June.   that makes 60 consecutive months of 100+  since July 2009. 5 years straight!

Yesterday, I also broke 100 miles for the month of June. That makes 1 consecutive month of 100+ since, ummm... June 2014.

Woohoo, first time I've ever run 100+ miles in a month!

There's quite a bit of walking included in those "running" miles, but I'd rather run/walk for an hour than just run for 15-20 minutes, so I mix walking with running, and try to keep doing more running and less walking. My goal is to run for an hour straight w/o walking by the end of this summer.

"It's hard to dance with a devil on your back, so shake him off, oh wo-oh!" - Florence Welch (Florence + The Machine) - Shake It Out

Seadrive,  excellent work!!    you cant have a streak going without the first one.  so you are on your way.  doesn't matter if you ran, walked, skipped, crawled, whatever.  what matters is that  you are consistently getting out there & doing it.  one hour without a walk break is a fantastic goal.  keep up the good work.

Clay:  200 miles/month !  awesome.  enjoy your rest day, you earned it

erinr

Awesome!  I'm half your age and that was my goal in my last 5k Smile