Hills or not? (Read 723 times)

Ok my run today was a hard 5 miles... Not because of the pace. I ran it slower than I though. 10:26 pace. However I easily could have run with the same or lesser effort at a 8:45-9:15 pace on flat ground. The course has three 200 foot climbs in it. and a few 100 foot hills. http://www.mapmyrun.com/run/united-states/oh/hinckley/575855218 Should I consider this an easy run or hills? it isn't like I was running hill repeats... and it wasn't quite an easy run?
    JakeKnight

It's your log. You can call it anything you want. But it sure sounds like hills to me.

E-mail: eric.fuller.mail@gmail.com
      -----------------------------

Scout7

Sounds like a medium run. But it depends on how you want to label it. You could call it Hills, and have a separate entry for Hill Repeats.
          I'd log it as "rolling hills", which is different from "big hills" which is different from "medium hills" (300-700ft vertical, these are the ones I do repetitively). That's what *I* use. I also include the vertical feet of climbing in my log. You could log it however you want. For *me*, hard/easy is a matter of effort, not pace since 900 ft climbs in 1.5mi at high-end aerobic effort with pack isn't "easy" for me.
          "So many people get stuck in the routine of life that their dreams waste away. This is about living the dream." - Cave Dog
            ok well this website doesn't let me add run types... at least I don't see how...

You'll ruin your knees!

ok well this website doesn't let me add run types... at least I don't see how...
              Sure it does...from the running log, go to 'options', then 'my log preferences' and click on 'running'...lots of options! Enjoy...

""...the truth that someday, you will go for your last run. But not today—today you got to run." - Matt Crownover (after Western States)

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

You can set a bunch of customized run types. Just click on Options at the top right of the screen, then "My Log Preferences", then "Running".
                  thanks... Blush
                    Great, now I'll be spending the next hour tweaking my colors! Getting rid of the pink tempo run will be a welcome change.

-------------------------------------
                    5K - 18:25 - 3/19/11
                    10K - 39:38 - 12/13/09
                    1/2 - 1:29:38 - 5/30/10
                    Full - 3:45:40 - 5/27/07

A Saucy Wench

Great, now I'll be spending the next hour tweaking my colors! Getting rid of the pink tempo run will be a welcome change.
                      are you not secure enough to log pink? Smile lol, where I live almost all my runs are as the first poster described...I have to go out of my way to find a truly flat run. I go by effort, not by pace.

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

12 Squared

I run a five mile course like that at work. We call it the Roller Coaster Route. I call it hills in my log.
                        If you don't know where you're going, chances are you will end up somewhere else. - Yogi Berra
                          are you not secure enough to log pink? Smile
                          Pink is fine for something like a recovery run, but a tempo run is tough. It needs a more formidable color. Perhaps there's a way to fill the bar with skulls & crossbones?

are you not secure enough to log pink? Smile
                            Pink is fine for something like a recovery run, but a tempo run is tough. It needs a more formidable color. Perhaps there's a way to fill the bar with skulls & crossbones?