Walked 65 miles for my 65th birthday. (Read 959 times)

Homer

Last week I walked 65 consecuative miles to celebrate my 65th birthday.   I did a little  running during the first 30 miles, but blisters hampered my running the second half of my trek.   The most I have ever gone before that was the Country Music Marathon this past April.  That was my first marathon.

Homer, this is awesome! way to go. In looking at your log, ~18hrs 45mins to complete is quite an accomplishment.  Especially since you had never covered longer than a marathon. 

Dennis

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

You did awesome!  Made all us locals proud as we watched along from the Striders' site Big grin

Congrats!

xor

Go, Homer!

runnerclay

Consistently Slow

You da man!

Run until the trail runs out.

SCHEDULE 2016--

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

unsolicited chatter

http://bkclay.blogspot.com/

That's a whole lot of ground to cover.  Congrats on a job very well done!

E.J.
              Greater Lowell Road Runners
              Cry havoc and let slip the dawgs of war!

May the road rise to meet you, may the wind be always at your back, may the sun shine warm upon your SPF30, may the rains fall soft upon your sweat-wicking hat, and until you hit the finish line may The Flying Spaghetti Monster hold you in the hollow of His Noodly Appendage.

Bravo!!!!!!  And a very Happy Birthday, belated to you also. You did your first marathon  at age 64?    Fantastic!

Awesome job!

Inspirational.

Aaron Heath

That's great! I ran 35 miles this year to celebrate by 35th - now I have something to look forward to. Congratulations. Keep it up! Smile
                      Thanks for sharing your story!  Happy birthday!
                      Roses Revenge

Wow.  I'm impressed.  I also did my first marathon at age 64 and have been thinking I should plan something for my next milestone birthday.  Maybe 70 miles at 70?  Better might be 70.5 at 70.5 since it would be daylight longer in the summer.  I wonder what's 35 miles away from here that I could go out and come back.

Marathon Maniac #991 Half Fanatic #58 Double Agent #22  It's a perfect day and I feel great!

Ojo

Wow!  That is amazing!  Happy birthday!

Sara

MM #2929

From a fellow senior Tennessean, YOU ROCK!!!!!

And just completing the CMM was a feat in itself, especially this year.

Great job and keep on going!

Get Lost :)

Looks like you got some local press! What all happened?
                              Homer

Thank you all for your comments.   It's great to be acknowledged by fellow athletes.   You all have accomplished a lot and maybe never were recognized for it.   The only one that I know, the Flying Monkey guy,  tries to be humble, but we won't let him because he is in the "elite" category.