2019 3:20, And Beyond (Read 444 times)

Running Problem

Problem Child

Just don’t forget about the one on SATURDAY.

FWIW, I could do 3x1600 in 6:00 with 2 minute rest, but I would consider it a hard workout.  And I broke 19 two weeks ago.  Of course, I'm also fairly strong, so I'm better at sustaining speed over distance than some others.

I have a LOT of tracking to do this Sunday, with 4 different marathons.

Jim: it’s a little closer to 8,000 so im HOPING it is less of an elevation difference FEEL just because I live around 4,500. I don’t think I would recommend it for someone living at sea level but I’m sure there are plenty of people who live at that level who will excel this Saturday

Many of us aren't sure what the hell point you are trying to make and no matter how we guess, it always seems to be something else. Which usually means a person is doing it on purpose.

VDOT 53.37 

5k18:xx | Marathon 2:55:22

darkwave

Mother of Cats

Just don’t forget about the one on SATURDAY.

!!!  Thanks for catching.  Yes, I should be able to track, then.

BTW, just a cautionary note to all - I just noted that the website for Revel lists the cell #s of everyone who is tracking a runner on their website.  That is really bad - it means that someone can harvest those numbers and sell them to others for spam texting.  Might even be a violation of either Nevada or California law.

I just removed my # from the tracking (sorry, Brew) - I'll track from my computer instead,

Everyone's gotta running blog; I'm the only one with a POOL-RUNNING blog.

And...if you want a running Instagram where all the pictures are of cats, I've got you covered.

AceHarris

Brew: Best of luck! Hopefully I'll be able to track you. It's all downhill from here! (sorry, couldn't avoid the Dad joke)

Marco: Good luck to you as well! (I'll avoid a Dad joke about running "fast" in Belfast)

dwave: I noticed the phone number issue too!! Scariest part is Brew has access to our phone numbers, haha.

Well, I think I've decided on trying the 50k in September instead of the 1/2 ironman. Looking at training time, I should be home more training for the ultra than the triathlon. Plus, I've been wanting to do more trail running.

Road Mile: 5:19 (2017), 5k: 17:09 (2021), 10k: 35:54 (2021), HM: 1:21:55 (2020), M: 2:53:18 (2021)

Running Problem

Problem Child

BTW, just a cautionary note to all - I just noted that the website for Revel lists the cell #s of everyone who is tracking a runner on their website.  That is really bad - it means that someone can harvest those numbers and sell them to others for spam texting.

I just removed my # from the tracking (sorry, Brew) - I'll track from my computer instead,

I noticed that too. I assume it will be updated on the website about the same time as text messages go out. I previously had a google phone number for the reason of not being spammed. Unsure of the legality of publishing people’s phone numbers for a list they signed up for. Maybe for fun you could put an old landline, or the number of an ex and see how it goes.

Ace: thanks. I think the training for a 50k and triathlon can be comparable. It just depends if you want to “just finish” or place top 5 in the age group. 4 hours of trail running is the same as 1 hour swimming, 1 hour running and 2 hours cycling. I’d do the tri personally just for the different training. At least during the triathlon you can coast the downhills on the bike. Are they around the same time of the year? Oh yeah, I’ll  call you when I’m on the way to your house. I hope you saved me a beer, or have some Two Hearted or Kalamazoo chilled.

Many of us aren't sure what the hell point you are trying to make and no matter how we guess, it always seems to be something else. Which usually means a person is doing it on purpose.

VDOT 53.37 

CommanderKeen

Cobra Commander Keen

DWave - Good luck this weekend.

Brew - Same!

Jim - Good luck on the relay as well!

Ace - Which 50k are you thinking of doing?

The hobbyjog-athon for me this weekend is looking like a "no". A bit of a bummer, but I'm not overly upset.
            My SIL is officially becoming a US citizen today!

5k: 17:58 11/22 │ 10k: 37:55 9/21 │ HM: 1:23:22 4/22 │ M: 2:56:05 12/22

Upcoming Races:

Running Problem

Problem Child

My SIL is officially becoming a US citizen today!

NICE! That is a LONG process from what I understand.

VDOT 53.37 

AceHarris

BRew: I failed to mention I would need a new bike or borrow one long term for the tri as well. I got rid of mine 2-3 years back when I was primarily running. I also think I will approach training with a "finish well' mentality, not necessarily place.

Keen: I'm looking at Table Rock 50k in NC or Georgia Jewel 35mi or 50mi. They are both the third weekend in September. I'm going to create a public post to see if anyone has experience with those races.

Road Mile: 5:19 (2017), 5k: 17:09 (2021), 10k: 35:54 (2021), HM: 1:21:55 (2020), M: 2:53:18 (2021)

darkwave

Mother of Cats

. Unsure of the legality of publishing people’s phone numbers for a list they signed up for. 

It's tricky.  Under Nevada law, for purposes of data breaches, PII is defined as name combined with SSN, driver's license number, or a few other data points.  Cell phone # isn't called out there, and the cell phone # isn't combined with our names anyway.

However, California has a new broader regulation going into effect soon.  And publishing these phone numbers combined with the fact that there was no explicit warning that they'd publish the #s (though if you looked you could see the other numbers) could run afoul of that.  Especially since it's blazingly obvious that these cell phones (verified to go to real consumers) are just ripe for the harvest.

CK - congrats to the SIL!

Brew - good luck again!

and good luck to Jim on the relay!

And...if you want a running Instagram where all the pictures are of cats, I've got you covered.

berylrunner

Rick

Good luck to the racers this weekend.

12-22   Last One Standing  - dnf 37 miles

1-23  Sun Marathon - 3:53

3-4-23  Red Mountain 55k - 7:02

4-15-23  Zion 100 - 27:59

CommanderKeen

Cobra Commander Keen

Brew - It is a very long (several years) process, and expensive to boot. And through the various green card/citizenship processes the number of times SIL has been told "you have to stay in country between X & Y dates" in order to comply, or "you can go back to Canada now if you like, but we may or may not let you back in on a whim" was ridiculous.

Ace - I've at least heard of Table Rock, but that doesn't help any. Surely someone in the ultra running section of the site has some experience with one or the other.

5k: 17:58 11/22 │ 10k: 37:55 9/21 │ HM: 1:23:22 4/22 │ M: 2:56:05 12/22

Upcoming Races:

Running Problem

Problem Child

You 3:05 pacer band

mile 1 7:23

mile 2 7:01

mile 3 7:00

mile 4 7:01

mile 5 7:15

mile 6 7:01

mile 7 7:00

mile 8 7:01

mile 9 7:00

mile 10 7:02

mile 11 7:00

mile 12 7:01

mile 13 7:05

mile 14 7:01

mile 15 7:00

mile 16 7:01

mile 17 7:00

mile 18 7:01

mile 19 7:01

mile 20 7:00

mile 21 7:01

mile 22 7:03

mile 23 7:05

mile 24 7:11

mile 25 7:04

mile 26 7:08

26.2 1:34

i might see this guy or girl a lot tomorrow. I didn’t stick around for the crowded course preview mile by mile. Judging by this it’s a slow start, the run through a parking lot at 5 is slower or there is a hill,  and 24 is a little uphill. At least it’s written down.

VDOT 53.37 

Break a leg, BREW!!!!

Good luck to the racers of this weekend!!!

I am going to watch London from home my turn ... next week... 10 days forecast are not great with rain and wind, but those are not accurate Smile (although Belfast is not a sunny place normally...)

Ace, i won't run fast Wink

PRs since re-started in 2013:

5km: 19:43 (Belfast park run Sep-16) | 10km: 40:16 (Belfast Lagan side 10K Sep-18) 

HM: 1:30:09 (Belfast city Half Marathon, September-18) | FM: 3:25:05 (official chip time Belfast city Marathon, May-19, marathon was 0.3/4 longer, original time 3:27:20 for 26.5/6...)

Upcoming races:  

???

Jim E

This might be too late for Brew to see, but I had an insight on the altitude thing. While living at 4,000+ ft will help him run at the starting altitude of 7,600 ft or so, it does not alter the fact that he'll be getting more oxygen at the end (2,500 ft) than at the beginning, so aiming for a negative split might be the way to go. The drop is 5,126 ft, (does some quick math) That's a little under 4% average gradient, which should be nice for going fast, provided his quads hold up. Go Brew!

darkwave

Mother of Cats

Brew is through the 6.55 mark averaging 6:58 pace.  That's 3:02 pace.