Ow, my feet! (Read 756 times)

Don't click if you're easily grossed out: ewwey! The lesson: make sure you break in hiking boots if you haven't worn them in a while and make sure you lace them right. This is the result of four hours of snowshoeing with boots that were laced badly for 45 minutes without being fixed. Roll eyes I can't put on any shoes with backs right now. Doh!
      try moleskin, it helped when i got blisters

"Our workouts are longer than our shorts" SHS XC 2008

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Oh, owie...that looks super painful. I had a pair of running shoes that didn't fit me well in the heel and my right heel had a small version of that. It wasn't particularly fun. I tried different lacing and nothing helped. Luckily I was able to return them even after running in them for a couple of weeks.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Don't click if you're easily grossed out: ewwey! The lesson: make sure you break in hiking boots if you haven't worn them in a while and make sure you lace them right. This is the result of four hours of snowshoeing with boots that were laced badly for 45 minutes without being fixed. Roll eyes I can't put on any shoes with backs right now. Doh!
          I feel you pain. Your feet look just like mine a couple of years ago after I wore hiking shoes I found in my closet and did not remember how come I hadn't wore them in years. The last 4 miles of the hike I walked barefoot. Then I showed up in my 'exercise' flip flops at my gym. They have a proper shoe policy but were understanding enough when I told them the story. Now I hike in trail running shoes that have been fully tested.
          I would rather wear out than rust out. - Helen Klein You create your own universe as you go along. - Winston Churchill
          Scout7

Little bit.....Ok, a LOT of duct tape, you'll be right as rain.
              I was dared $5 per foot to just put duct tape on it for a few minutes and then take it off. Couldn't do it...
              Scout7

I was dared $5 per foot to just put duct tape on it for a few minutes and then take it off. Couldn't do it...
                Why not? I routinely use duct tape. My feet sweat A LOT, and it's the only thing that sticks. They use duct tape and Crazy Glue to patch up blisters on trail runs. Cheap and effective.

Finished!

As a fellow heat dweller, I have routinely used duct tape on my feet (and on one occasion my hip while backpacking). It is the only thing that stays sticky. Use high quality duct tape, not the cheapo stuff. I hear gaffers tape works fantastically too.
                  Walk + Jog = wog.
                  I'm trying to Lose 5% at a time
                  I support Heifer International - join me by donating via my registry