Loving biking! (Read 329 times)

uncontrollable

Still a runner by nature but really enjoying my bike this season!  Just a random thought/post!  Going farther, easier for people to join in, and it seems easy & fun!  Loving it!

peace

Jan26.2

I feel the same way! I finally bought a bike that fits me, and it's made a huge difference. Best part is that I can see how beneficial all the cycling miles are for my running. My runs are stronger and feel easier, and my knees haven't hurt either!

PR's: 5k - 23:33/ 10k - 48:30/ 5 mi. - 39:21/ 13.1 - 1:53/ 26.2 recent - 4:34

Upcoming races: Resolution Run HM 1/1/13

Phoenix R&R    HM 1/20/13

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Time to do the DU!!

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

uncontrollable

u might be right zz

peace

Hip Redux

Time to do the DU!!

:nods:

Biking is fun Smile

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Biking is fun Smile

I'm not necessarily feeling this on the eve of my first olympic distance du...I'm feeling way undertrained (my training would be great if I were doing about 15k less on the bike and running 2 5ks, instead of a 5k and a 10k leg) and it's gonna be soupy humid tomorrow.  Blech.

~ Sarah Kay

Biking is fun Smile

...for people who are too injury-prone to run as much as they would like. Wink

(Where do I sign up?)

Dave

Hip Redux

I'm not necessarily feeling this on the eve of my first olympic distance du...I'm feeling way undertrained (my training would be great if I were doing about 15k less on the bike and running 2 5ks, instead of a 5k and a 10k leg) and it's gonna be soupy humid tomorrow.  Blech.

Oooh, that  final10k will be fun.   :P   Good luck!

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Oooh, that  final10k will be fun.   :P   Good luck!

Yeah, I REALLY wish the 10k were first!!

~ Sarah Kay

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

Good luck, and let us know how it goes!

That sounds tough.  I'd rather swim the 1500 meters than to run the 5k.  Next year, you ought to save yourself the extra 5k, and do the Olympic distance TRI.  You can do it!

Life Goals:

#1: Do what I can do

#2: Enjoy life

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

That sounds tough.  I'd rather swim the 1500 meters than to run the 5k.  Next year, you ought to save yourself the extra 5k, and do the Olympic distance TRI.  You can do it!

Meh...swimming just seems like a PITA, since the lake is still cold enough to require a wetsuit.  That's way more gear than I can be bothered with. Tongue

~ Sarah Kay

Village people

Good luck!

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

1/3 in my age group (40-44)...and a 10k PR on the final leg of my race. Clearly I need to go sign up for an actual 10k, heh. Incidentally, my 5k PR was also set during a duathlon.

I didn't "race" this all-out. Since it was my first attempt at an olympic distance duathlon and it's warm and steamy -- a prime day to battle calf cramps -- I raced very conservatively (and, heh, it's a PR, so that took a lot of pressure to gut myself, as well). I felt sorta like a schmuck accepting the age group award, since the 2nd place woman was actually about 14 minutes faster than I was (and only finished a minute behind me). Due to race organizers' mis-communication both the 2nd and 3rd place women in my AG got late starts. I nearly started late, myself. Grand Haven Tri/Du needs to not mis-advertise the start time the night before the race.

~ Sarah Kay

obiebyke

Wow, congratulations, Zoom!

Call me Ray (not Ishmael)