Joy Joy (Read 783 times)

Looks like I'll be running in 85 degree weather this evening. Sure hope there's at least a little breeze.

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Sounds like our weather. It's breezy, but still in the high 80s. We're supposed to get t-storms tonite that will drop the temps 10 degrees or so for the rest of the week. I really hope we get an inch or more of rain, too. Everything is brown and droopy. k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Looks like I'll be running in 85 degree weather this evening. Sure hope there's at least a little breeze.
        This morning as I was taking advantage of my new work schedule by sleeping in, I suddenly thought of how if I didn't get out of bed and get out the door to run I'd be forcing a run in the high temps tonight, or on the treadmill again...so I got up and ran when it was still under 70! (my husband was home sick today so I was able to run outside while he was home with our youngest) I guess the twins would think you were insane if you packed them into one of those double running strollers at 6 or 7 a.m. so you could get a nice long run in!

Michelle

This morning as I was taking advantage of my new work schedule by sleeping in, I suddenly thought of how if I didn't get out of bed and get out the door to run I'd be forcing a run in the high temps tonight, or on the treadmill again...so I got up and ran when it was still under 70! (my husband was home sick today so I was able to run outside while he was home with our youngest) I guess the twins would think you were insane if you packed them into one of those double running strollers at 6 or 7 a.m. so you could get a nice long run in!
          Nice that you we're able to get a run in this morning! If I got them up at 6 my dd would probably KILL me and 7 is out of the question since that is when dh gets on the road. Fortunatly dh told me he's working from home tomorrow and probably Wed which means I can run as soon as I get up! Modified to add the thought of pushing over 100lbs up the hills where I run isn't very motivating

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

Modified to add the thought of pushing over 100lbs up the hills where I run isn't very motivating
            I thought of that too. I'm sure that WOULD NOT be fun!!

Michelle

Well it was hot as Hades and I managed to survive. Not only did I manage to survive but I ended up doing a tempo run then a mile cooldown. I think this may be a potential problem pattern for the times I run later in the day.

Well it was hot as Hades and I managed to survive. Not only did I manage to survive but I ended up doing a tempo run then a mile cooldown. I think this may be a potential problem pattern for the times I run later in the day.
                Very cool! Did you wear your camelback? Did you get chills at all? I thought of you when I looked out my office window and saw a person off in the distance running - it was about 90 degrees then!!

Michelle

Very cool! Did you wear your camelback? Did you get chills at all? I thought of you when I looked out my office window and saw a person off in the distance running - it was about 90 degrees then!!
                  Nope no camel back and no chills. I made sure to drink TONS of water today. modified to add it was almost 90 today.