Stevie Ray asks a pre-Christmas favor (Read 1532 times)

CanadianMeg

#RunEveryDay

Listening now. Smile

Half Fanatic #9292. 

Game Admin for RA Running Game 2023.

xor

Thank you very much, folks.  I hope it added some smiles and maybe stress relief to some of your Sundays.  And for today, Christmas Eve.

I chuckled when I read that there wouldn't be any earwigs.  Yeah.  The mynah bird in the papaya tree (the Hawai'ian version of a partridge in a pear tree) laughs at you.  As do the 400 versions of Mele Kalikimaka.  Or the reggae version of "Stuck On You".  But that's fun.  And some of the traditional songs are really cool. Some are sad.

It made me smile to see someone mention the red solo cup commercial.  THAT is an earwig.  And a great example of a goofy Hawai'ian thing.  That's a commercial for their holiday food drive for needy kids.  So they kiped a commercial about keg drinking.  Of course.

As for me, yesterday was rough.  Today will suck. And then I get to wait until Thursday to learn what's what and what's next. But so far, everything has gone well and the news has either been good or lacking ("no news is good news").  Plus yesterday they gave me "free" pudding and we watched football.  GO SEAHAWKS.

(the red solo cup earwig)

KAPA food truck!  (bang, bang)

We'll fill you up!

They'll feed a keiki!

With your kokua!!!!

Keiki == kid or children

Kokua == help.  If you volunteer for Kona Ironman, you get a shirt that reads "KOKUA CREW".

And it doesn't help that with the accent, "We'll fill you up" sounds like "We'll feel you up".  NO.

feelin' the warmth

Get off my porch

There was a great cover of Stuck on You that I loved. Who knew? Positive vibes to you and yours.

xor

There was a great cover of Stuck on You that I loved. Who knew? Positive vibes to you and yours.

I hope you noticed I used slantyclaus :-/ on the first page in your honor.

In other news, yes, I wrote "earwig" instead of "earworm".  Ha.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Earwigs... *shudder*

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

xor

Earwigs... *shudder*

Yes, because an earworm is a much better image.  Especially on Ceti Alpha 5.

I saw both the slantman and the earwigs and thought earwigs was just your fun name for earworms!

MTA: though I didn't see the slanty the first time, I just had to go back and look at it. I guess I was too busy LOLing your Gandalf joke.

Queen of 3rd Place

Sending good vibes your way again today, you will get through this sucky day.

Ex runner

Chasing the bus

Got 'em back on SRL. We'll see how long the lil metalheads let me leave it...

“You're either on the bus or off the bus.”
                      Tom Wolfe, The Electric Kool-Aid Acid Test

Hark the Herald Angels Sing - Hawaiian style Big grin

Live the Adventure. Enjoy the Journey. Be Kind. Have Faith!

mab411

Proboscis Colossus

Finally got settled down enough to start streaming.  Listening and praying, man.

"God guides us on our journey, but careful with those feet." - David Lee Roth, of all people

TedsHead

Team Me, Myself & I

Listened yesterday for about 15mins...again today during my 5mi dreadmill run...then made the kids listen while we wrapped presents.

They have a Hawaiian version of the 12 Days of Christmas that's pretty cool.  Plus, I heard about several interesting facts about the island I didn't know.

Best of luck SRL...

Merry Christmas everyone!

Slo

I heard the solo cup commercial. Thanks for burning it into my skull.

Thanks for the link SRL...it was a nice change.

Listened a bit yesterday and a lot this afternoon---feeling mellow and hoping there's more good news and no news for you SRL

I've been to Solo Cup headquarters (in IL.) they LOVE the song!