Knee Problems (Read 402 times)

My knee has been hurting the past two days I know I should rest but should I aslo ice it? Help
    2008 goals mile:5 :30 5k: sub 20:00
    invisible

Do these to treat and prevent runner's knee: Standing Leg Lifts Stand with your back against the wall. Lift one leg up as high as you can with the knee straight. Hold for five seconds, then bend your knee to relax, hold for five seconds. Straighten your leg again, and do five of these before switching to the other leg. Over time, see if you can build up to ten seconds. Foot Turns Lie down or sit in a chair and stretch both legs out, knees straight and feet pointed up toward the knees. Tighten your thigh muscles and turn your feet out as far as you can, holding for ten seconds. Now turn your feet in as far as you can and hold for ten seconds, keeping your thigh muscles tight for the entire exercise. Do three of these sets. Foot Press Either sitting or lying down, put one foot on top of the other and pull up with your lower foot as you push down with the upper foot. Hold that for ten seconds, and then switch feet and repeat. Try five sets of these.
      90 percent of the game is not giving up.
        Also, take a good hard look at your shoes. Knee problem can be caused by bad or worn shoes and they can come about suddenly.. Check your shoes and make sure you haven't worn them out.... Smile Big grin Wink

Champions are made when no one is watching

My knee has been hurting the past two days I know I should rest but should I aslo ice it? Help
          Yes. Ice it. Even when you're healthy again, ice it after runs.