Suggestion for top upper layer? (Read 638 times)

Runnr4life7788

Hello everybody, I have underarmour and I was looking for something to wear over it, because I don't like just wearing it alone. It doesn't get extremely cold here. I tried a sweatshirt but it was too baggy and big, I didn't like it. So I was thinking about getting a light zip-up running jacket. Any suggestions?
      Hello everybody, I have underarmour and I was looking for something to wear over it, because I don't like just wearing it alone. It doesn't get extremely cold here. I tried a sweatshirt but it was too baggy and big, I didn't like it. So I was thinking about getting a light zip-up running jacket. Any suggestions?
      I picked up a cheap wind-breaker jacket/pants set from Target for around $20. I don't use the pants much - but the jacket is great with a tshirt for those chilly/damp nights.

When it’s all said and done, will you have said more than you’ve done?

I have a Pearl Izumi (made for cycling) neon yellow vest that I love for running. It halps keep my core warmer, but I cans till wear a short sleeve tech top with it, and be comfortable when I run in temps near freezing.
        Next up: A 50k in ? Done: California-Oregon-Arizona-Nevada (x2)-Wisconsin-Wyoming-Utah-Michigan-Colorado
        VictorN

If it doesn't get too cold, then I'd pick up a cheap wind-breaker like Mike suggests. When it is cold, I like running in cycling jackets because they usually come with big back pockets where I can put gels, extra water bottles, or discarded hats or mittens when necessary. Victor
            Runnr, don't give up on the sweatshirt. I routinely wear, over my Smartwool baselayer, a pullover hoodie w/ front pocket for my training runs down to 25*F. The front pocket is a handy stash place for gloves, gels, whatever, and the hood helps should your head get cold. It's old school, and I don't race in it, but it's bright orange (it's hunting season here), cost 12 bucks, and is breathable. For a sleeker fit, I also have a Giordana cycling thermal jersey (not as warm as the hoodie), and a Hind thermal windbreaker. Cycling outerwear is really hard to beat, as cyclists have more of a wind chill factor to deal with. But, YOWZA...they can be expensive... Good luck SWAL