Wanting it all – a one entry option (Read 515 times)

Eternal Rookie

Lately I’ve been adding my mile splits under intervals and using Auto Sum to total up my time and mileage so that I have a better snapshot of my run. I used to enter them in the comments section. Today I ran my first interval workout in months and the first since I started logging here. The interval feature is great, but with a little tweaking (okay, probably a lot) it could be a generation ahead of the other sites out there. In short, what I’d love to see is the ability to add my warm up, warm down and recovery distance all under the interval tab and have the run broken out (color coded if possible) into the 4 events of the run: warm up, interval, recovery jog, warm down on the summary and work out pages. Quite honestly I’d be overjoyed just to have it break it down to intervals and easy, but if you’re going to put in the effort… My workout was 1 mile warm up, 5 times 1 mile with a ¼ jog in between and a one mile warm down. I used my Garmin 201 and it didn’t record the recovery time; just counted down the distance until it was time to run another interval, but that’s another story, so in essence I’d like to be able to enter the work out like this: Warm up Interval Recovery Interval Recovery Interval Warm down The rest option (as opposed to recovery) would = no distance in my opinion, just a place to record how long you rested between intervals if you're not jogging between intervals. Ideally we could use this for tempo runs as well. I was looking at an old tempo run entry with a pace of 7:26. Not that impressive. When you actually look at it, I ran 2 easy miles then 3 at 6:20 (the tempo part) and then another easy mile. Stats wise I’d like to be able to enter this: Warm up (or easy) Tempo Warm down (or easy) And have it break down the run into easy and tempo on the other pages. So Eric, I know that I’ve already made a couple requests; but if you can see yourself indulging me one more time, I’d greatly appreciate it