Maintaining mileage on shorter race days.. (Read 513 times)

Prophet!

which one would be better, easy runs right after race finish or a few hours later ?
    jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

My own experience is right after. I ran the running leg of a run-bike triathlon (5.82 mi) a few times, and due to the course layout, had to jog about 4 mi to get back to the event start-finish. It didn't seem like fun at the time, but I remember recovering pretty well from the event. That being said, more often than not I have run extra miles hours later (cuz that's what's easier to do), and didn't suffer too much.

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

muse_runner

keep running.

Thanks for posting this. I have some short races coming up and I forget that I can just do recovery jogs to add more miles to the pile! Cool
        running until I hit 1900 miles for the year. whether fast or slow I will just run.
        jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

I have some short races coming up and I forget that I can just do recovery jogs to add more miles to the pile!
          Yeah, reminds me of HS track. After track meets, me and a buddy of mine would always do at least a 4-miler 'cuz we didn't feel like we got enough miles during the meet.

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

muse_runner

keep running.

same here with XC Blush
            running until I hit 1900 miles for the year. whether fast or slow I will just run.
              same here with XC
              Same here with Field Hockey Big grin
              2009: BQ?
                Either one's fine but I also prefer right after.

Runners run

Either one's fine but I also prefer right after.
                  We are still talking about running, right? Wink Blush
                  Next up: A 50k in ? Done: California-Oregon-Arizona-Nevada (x2)-Wisconsin-Wyoming-Utah-Michigan-Colorado

Anyone have pizza?

This had always been my dilemma on weeks where I have a 5K race. I usually cramp after a long race, but perhaps I'll give it a try this Sunday, and not more than a couple of hours after. Thanks!!! Big grin