What keeps you running? (Read 2110 times)

juniordo1

What keeps you running? Is it weight loss, the inner competitor? A race coming up? 

Also, music or no music while running? Why?

Accomplishing new goals keeps me running. Every time I run a new long distance I am motivated to see how much farther I can go. It's like I'm seeing how much punishment my body can handle and then going farther . What doesn't kill us is supposed to make us stronger, right?

No music for me. Music always makes me want to run faster and I blow up quickly.

2013 -Sub 2:00 for 1/2 marathon

L Train

What doesn't kill us is supposed to make us stronger, right? 

Until it kills you.

TJN

S Army Kettle run...

So I can die healthy .... 

Tim 

Why is it sideways?

Until it kills you.

Thank you, LTrain.

L Train

Thank you, LTrain.

I'm here to help and prove that I am a learning organism with a semipermeable membrane.

Am I doing this right?

There's three basic reasons for me. Most of my runs are out and back or a loop from home, so ....

1. For the last half of most runs what keeps me going is that I have to to get back home.

2 .For the first half its because I think I'll look stupid standing still or walking when I'm dressed up in my running gear wearing a Garmin.

The real mystery for me is what gets me to START every run & and do it almost every day. Who knows?

Am I the only one that read "three" but only counted to two?

No excuses....

MrH

Until it kills you.

Recently there was a raccoon in my attic. It neither killed me, nor made me stronger.

The process is the goal.

Men heap together the mistakes of their lives, and create a monster they call Destiny.

mikeymike

Am I the only one that read "three" but only counted to two?

Yes.  The rest of us don't actually read what's said on here because we're too busy trying to think of something witty to say next.

Runners run

L Train

Recently there was a raccoon in my attic. It neither killed me, nor made me stronger.

Not yet.

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

What about the converse?

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

xhristopher

It's probably still there.

MrH

It's probably still there.

We named 'it' Elvis. The local humane society took care of it and sealed up the entrance point.

Elvis has left the building. He's probably in someone else's attic.

The process is the goal.

Men heap together the mistakes of their lives, and create a monster they call Destiny.

Prince of Fatness

What about the converse?

They're cool, but I don't think that you should run in them.  They'll mess up your achilles.

Not at it at all. 

MrH

What about the converse?

Did you mean this to be in the ugly shoe thread?

The process is the goal.

xor

I'm trying to figure out a converse animal for a raccoon.

A really dimwitted amphibian/reptile that is most active in the daytime.  And sports bright colors.

A gila monster perhaps.