St Louis Marathon (Read 1725 times)

I am thinking of running the St Louis Marathon in April. Can you give me your thoughts on the course, organization, etc? Thanks. www.irun262.com
    hawkjohn

I ran this one in 2005 and had a great time. While some folks had concerns about hills around the mile 16-18 mark, I found the course to be very scenic and well laid out. The half marathon had many participants and it got congested in some spots. Weather on that day was gorgeous. www.marathonguide.com will have a complete rundown as well as comments from others. Good luck!! John
        I'll be running the St. Louis Marathon this April. I haven't run the course before, but I've been warned that it's a little hilly, although very pretty. The exact course hasn't been announced yet, but sites will include the Gateway Arch, Union Station, AB Brewery, Forest Park, Clayton city center, St. Louis University campus. Good luck - hope to see you there! Sara
          I'm doing the half...from what I've seen on it, it is an OK marathon, but hilly and still a little unorganized. Saw these types of comments on the marathonguide website....
          keep running!

q day

I ran St. Louis last year and really enjoyed it. Several mile markers were off in the firt 10k or so, but then seemed to be more accurate. The hills are best described as "gently rolling", but I do remember some long inclines/declines. Nothing "steep" however. The aid stations were well staffed and I was able to navigated them without any problems. The weather is always a variable, but last year the temp was perfect. Good luck!

"If you always do, what you've always done; you'll always get what you've always got."

Another Passion

I'll be running the St. Louis Marathon this April. I haven't run the course before, but I've been warned that it's a little hilly, although very pretty. The exact course hasn't been announced yet, but sites will include the Gateway Arch, Union Station, AB Brewery, Forest Park, Clayton city center, St. Louis University campus. Good luck - hope to see you there! Sara
              WOOT, WOOT! Go Sara! (sorry for the minor thread jack) Blush

Rick
              "The will to win means nothing without the will to prepare." - Juma Ikangaa
              "I wanna go fast." Ricky Bobby
              runningforcassy.blogspot.com

WOOT, WOOT! Go Sara! (sorry for the minor thread jack)
                Aw shucks. Blush Thanks. Wink