Engineering Professor Quotes (Read 872 times)

Here are a few I heard recently:

One said, "I am not a bastard, but I have a good track record for giving out F's."

Another, "In Russia, this is what they do IN THE HIGH SCHOOL!"

Same guy, after throwing a grad student out of class for not doing his homework, calls out at him: "Why do you think you are like a kindergarden?"

"If you have the fire, run..." -John Climacus

Photonics professor - "Anything will lase if you pump it hard enough."  And yeah, we were laughing.

Live the Adventure. Enjoy the Journey. Be Kind. Have Faith!

And this...

Live the Adventure. Enjoy the Journey. Be Kind. Have Faith!

Roadrunner's Apprentice

My favorite from an engineering professor I once had:

- "Very quick, very simple, and very, very wrong."

2014 Goals:

- sub-26 5K : sub-56 10K : 1st half marathon

- Tell my excuses to shut up and lace up...

Got Hills?

- You're a teacher. Teach!

- You're a student. Learn!

"Not to touch the Earth, not to see the Sun, nothing left to do but run, run, run..."

Now, it would be nice if these ugly terms would drop out when we do the substitution. But as a 20th century English philosopher once said, "You can't always get what you want."

I've got a fever...

"Why you use 5th order curve fit?  5th order curve fit could fit elephant!"

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

Roadrunner's Apprentice

"Your solutions and Bill T's are so nearly identical, mistakes and all, as to be unfunny."

"You know very well this is not zero.  We spent half a lecture on this solution."

2014 Goals:

- sub-26 5K : sub-56 10K : 1st half marathon

- Tell my excuses to shut up and lace up...

This one wasn't technically from an engineering professor, but I figure quantum mechanics 2 is close enough:

"No amount of hard work can make up for a lack of knowledge, but neither can any amount of knowledge make up for a lack of hard work."