Pulled hamstring (Read 634 times)

Rocky Raccoon 100 is tomorrow... I'm going for it. Crossing my fingers.

Good luck with the hamstring-they can bother you a long time when they get messed up.

bhearn

I survived -- the hamstring started hurting around 15, but faded later as I slowed down.

jjameson

I hope you will give us a race report on the ultra forum!

jjameson

I survived -- the hamstring started hurting around 15, but faded later as I slowed down.

Nice finish

bhearn

Thanks!

I hope you will give us a race report on the ultra forum!

I wrote a little bit here. If I write a real race report I'll post it in the ultra forum.

jalex

Be careful. I had a tear, about level 2,  of my right hamstring at Boston last year; got through the race ( not well but that was the heat) then felt like someone shot me through the ass the first time I tried to run after. it took 8 weeks of complete rest ( no running; I did elliptical, swim, hike) and months of PT before it was better, then several more months before my running fitness started to really come back. If you just strained it,  PT, stretching and strengthening may do the trick, but I would not push it. In my case tight quads have been the culprit in several injuries.

I'm not sure whether or not I will be ready for a half I'm doing in April.  I had to back off a 5k today after the "shot in the ass" feeling during a slow warm up run. I had iced and rolled for a week, and I felt fine for the first 1/2 mile but then the pain went from the top back of my leg all the way down my calf. I knew if I ran it I would injure myself even more and have to forget about the half altogether. Now I'm really worried that I won't be able to finish my training and get my distance runs in with the half being just a month away. Any suggestions...?